Windows 7 Can't find WLAN-card + Sound problem

Senpai

Hi all,

And also I have a problem with my wireless connection and sound in windows 7.

This is my hardware specifications:
VideocardSparkle GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB DDR3 (PCI-e, 2x DVI, HDTV, SL...ProcessorIntel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (S775, 4x 3,2GHz, 8MB, 1066MHz FSB, B...SoundcardCreative X-Fi Xtreme GamerMemoryCorsair TWIN2X2048-6400MotherboardGigaByte GA-P35-DS4, P35 (ATX, Sound, LAN, SATA II, RAID, 1394)W-LanAsus WL-138g V2 (54Mbps, PCI)SpeakersCreative Inspire T6100 (5.1, 4x 8W + 18W, 26W)

I have installed the latest drivers for my wireless connection from ASUS, I've disabled the IPv6 and already configured the wireless settings in the network and sharing center in windows 7.

When I look at the adapter properties it says: This device is working properly. BUT.....when I open the ASUS WLAN control center program it says: Unable to connect to the wireless lan card. The tray icon will be loaded once the card is inserted.
So that is my first problem....

Now the second problem:
The sound:
I've installed the drivers and programs from my original installation CD and updated where it was possible. But when I'm listening to music or watching a movie 2 problems accure:
A: The sound is cracking.
B: After a short period of watching /listening the sound stops and the video begins to play slow.

When I want to solve the problem by opening the Start-console of Creative I'm getting this warning (translated): The console of the current modus you're in of your audiodevice cannot be started. The console is possible not installed or not correctly installed in your system, whereby you need to reinstall the console.

U can also choose to change the current modus of your audidevice...blablabla.

I would appreciate every tip very much, because I'm struggling with this issue for 3 days now...:)

Did you performed a "clean" install rather than the upgrade path?

Is this the latest RC from Microsoft and have you activated it?

Creative has released a Windows 7 driver for your sound card. you can download it here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

No go to Control panel > Device manager and see if there are any yellow flags under any devices.

Did you performed a \"clean\" install rather than the upgrade path?

Is this the latest RC from Microsoft and have you activated it?

Creative has released a Windows 7 driver for your sound card. you can download it here:

Creative Worldwide Support > X-Fi XtremeGamer

No go to Control panel > Device manager and see if there are any yellow flags under any devices.

THANK YOU reghakr!!!:D The sound problem is solved by installing the windows 7 Beta driver. The sound is almost perfect:).
I've performed a clean install. I've the latest RC from MC and activated it.

Now I just need some tips on the wireless problem....:)

Try looking in Control Panel > Device Manger and see if there are any flags next to any entry.

If there is an unknown device, download this free utility for identifying it:

Unknown Device Identifier - Freeware Download

I've searched for drivers, but it seems that there is no driver for Vista, which would be your best bet to try.

Did you check Device Manager?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try looking in Control Panel > Device Manger and see if there are any flags next to any entry.

I've searched for drivers, but it seems that there is no driver for Vista, which would be your best bet to try.

I've looked at the device manager there it says: that the device is working properly. And there is no unknown device.
I've also downloaded the Identifier and looked new for new drivers with it but I can't find anything...:(

I have found a vista 32-bit driver and installed it. It works good:D (downloaded from: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-) after reading some forums at other sites.

But thanks again, I really appreciate your help reghakr :D!!!

I've found a new driver for vista 32-bit @http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us.
It works good.

I really appreciate your help reghakr :D!!! Thanks alot:D!!!

The problem is solved!!!! I've found a new vista 32-bit driver @: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- and it works:D!!!

I really appreciate your help Reghakr :D!!! Thanks alot!

Last edited:
Back