Windows 7 can't get xp computer to connect to shared printer on windows 7 x64

jasyn

so i'm having an issue trying to connect to the shared printer on one of my windows 7 x64 machines.

i've tried setting the network on windows 7 to "work network" instead of "home network" thinking that the workgroup being the same on all systems will do the trick but it doesn't.

the xp machine doesn't even see the windows 7 computer.

this is annoyin as hell .. someone help please
cry.gif

Also you may want to try this and see if it helps the issue. On the Win 7 machine
enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP in the properties of IPv4, under the WINS tab, within the properties of your network interface card.
type services.msc into the search box and hit enter
confirm that the following services are started, consider setting the startup type to automatic
Computer Browser
Function Discovery Provider Host
Function Discovery Resource Publication
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness
Network Store Interface Service
Server
SSDP Discovery
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
Workstation
Also double check that the Win7 as well as the XP machine is not running any type of third party firewall (Comodo, ZoneAlarm, etc.) and or third party AntiVirus/Security Suite (Norton/Symantec, McAfee, AVG, etc.) if present consider uninstalling any such program using the control panel applet, followed by the Vendor Specific proprietary removal tool (you can always reinstall them later or consider replacing with Link Removed due to 404 Error.

Back
Top Bottom