Windows 7 Can't install Windows 7 unable to find driver HELP!!

krazed1127

I have computer with Phoenix award bios utility v1.3 (945 platinum w7176ims v1.3). Im trying to install windows 7 but I keep getting "a required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing." this is after I press install now. Im stuck in select the driver to be installed window. I have 2 hdd 1 is 500gb and the other is 130gb. I try to browse and select the c drive or the d drive. Any suggestions.

Hey there.

That means that the burnt DVD is probably not a good burn.

If you downloaded the .iso image, you can install from USB stick to avoid burning at all. There are plenty of guides on how to make the USB install stick on Google.

Is that the main reason i have to put it on a usb. I am using a iso version of windows 7.​

That may pop up in case you click "install driver" or if the setup detects a missing one. It wants you to insert a media with the drivers. Try inserting a disk with the motherboard drivers, but make sure the disk is not old or download new from the support site.

Also try:

1. In bios, switch from IDE to SATA
2. Ensure that your dvd drive is first boot device
3. If your dvd drive is IDE, check the jumper setting on it: Jumper -> Master
4. Of course you can try USB insted of the dvd.
Link Removed - Invalid URL

I have computer with Phoenix award bios utility v1.3 (945 platinum w7176ims v1.3). Im trying to install windows 7 but I keep getting "a required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing." this is after I press install now. Im stuck in select the driver to be installed window. I have 2 hdd 1 is 500gb and the other is 130gb. I try to browse and select the c drive or the d drive. Any suggestions.

Windows should provide you a list of hard drives and /or partitions that you can install to.

Where are you finding this "Browse" button?

Are you trying to perform a "clean" install rather than an upgrade?

A "clean" install is the preferred method, but you must remember to save your data first.

All 3rd party software will have to be re-installed.

Last edited:
Windows should provide you a list of hard drives and /or partitions that you can install to.

Where are you finding this "Browse" button?

Are you trying to perform a "clean" install rather than an upgrade?

A "clean" install is the preferred method, but you must remember to save your data first.

All 3rd party software will have to be re-installed.

yea Im trying to make a clean install, whats the process to make a clean install

also my bios screen looks like this bios_main.jpg

Place the Windows DVD in the drive.

It should start automatically. If not go into the BIOS options under the Advanced BIOS features or Advanced Chip set features tab and change the boot order to CD ROM and hard drive second.

Reboot and hit and key to start the installation from the DVD ROM

Choose the option to install a fresh copy.

Last edited:
After i press the install now button it starts to prepare to install and it asks to pick a driver and it says not drivers exists, on the bottom left there is a browse button and it shows my c, d drive and then my dvd-rom drive and I cant pick any of them

Back
Top Bottom