Windows 7 Can't receive email on new account

baybiz

I set up a new account on an exchange server 2003 and am running windows 7 with outlook from office 2007 on the workstation. an send mail out but can't seem to receive any incoming?
What am I missing?

baybiz:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Double check with whoever is administering the Exchange server and make sure your POP3 port setting on your end are set properly he may be using/requiring an SSL configuration something like 995 instead of 110.

I actually got handed the admin. all the other accounts work - just not this one. wher do I check the port on pop3?

Wow, I hope they're paying you well. Generally you would double check the settings on both ends, at the exchange server compare the problem account with one that you have confirmed to be working in both directions. Then on another client machine that Outlook is known to be working on, check all the account settings and compare them.
Here's a link with a walk through that might help Link Removed due to 404 Error
although I noted that he recommends checking the box for "Use Cached Exchange Mode in step #4, while others have reported that unchecking the box resolved problem that they were having. That's another reason why I suggest comparing settings between a known good account and the problem account to determine if there are any discrepancies.

Back