Windows 8 Can't see click mouse on windows partition

I have a macbook pro laptop, but have a windows partition built into for study purposes. This morning my mouse worked fine on the mac side but when I entered the windows side I can see it.. Anyway help would be appreciated on how to fix this problem fast, thank you!

Its perhaps not surprising that Windows doesn't have a default driver for a macbook… what software did you use to make the windows partition?

if windows was installed correctly, then it should have automatically have installed the mouse - one od the least troublesome pieces of hardware.
But your post is a little scant. What have you tried, in order to enable it?

1. Look in the device manger and right click the arrow by the "Mice and other pointing devices"
2. Right click whatever hardware item you see there (HID compliant mouse?)
3. Right click the properties of the device you see there, and click "Update driver software"

This may be enough.

Alternatively, in the Control panel, click "Mouse"
Work through the options in that panel. Post back anything you find, in any tabs, which are empty, particularly "Pointers"

So i just didn't all you suggested but still nothing. It is just odd because in the start up screen for windows where I enter my password before it logs onto the desktop I can see the mouse but once I get in there I can't see it.

I would suggest you contact the person who installed it "professionally". It sound like the person may have just copied an image to your computer. If so, you may have other hardware problems.

Last edited:
At the very least we need the name of the host software eg, vmware workstation 10… it sounds to me like you have to reset the preferences but without knowing more that’s just a guess.

Back