Windows 7 Can't update Windows 7

wingman

Hello, I recently installed build 7100 x86. Everything is running nice except I can't update Windows. I tried getting windows live mail but it keeps saying internet explorer cannot display page....Even my antivirus ( nod32 ) will not update.
Does anyone else have this problem with the latest release?

Thanks in advance......:confused:

Are you sure your ethernet driver is working properly? I'm using build 7100 32-bit edition as well and I'm not having any problems getting updates... ;) That's why I ask...

I can connect to the internet just fine, web suf ect....it's just that I cannot update....I even tried turning off windows firewall nut no luck.........:frown:

I can connect to the internet just fine, web suf ect....it's just that I cannot update....I even tried turning off windows firewall nut no luck.........:frown:
Since this thread remains unaswered for almost 1 hr , I will try by asking what exactly happens when you try Windows Update? Are you getting any error messages? If so, please paste it here verbatim

Making the question a little more elaborate:
what happens when you click Start >Control panel (Category View)> and click the down arrowhead on the left close to the address bar >All control Panel items> Windows Update ?

Are you getting any error message? If so what?

If you don't have any update to download , you should get a screen like the one attached as JPG.
If there are any updates it will show up there with a prompt for updating.

When I go into control panel and into Windows update....I get an error 80244019 - windows encountered an unkown error. My computer has not been updated at all since I installed this version. Like I said even my virus software cannot update either. Any microsoft webpage I go to and try to download something like updates or even windows mail just gets me to " Internet Explorer cannot dispaly the web page ".....:confused:

I would suggest doing a clean install.. wipe the HDD and reinstall.. ;) If you have data to be saved you could create a seperate partition and put all the data there.. or of course burn it all off.. :) Either is fine.. Then just clean install Win 7.. There are other alternatives but this is the one I'd go with.. Hope it helps some... :)

Okay....I found out my problem...It had something to do with my router....so I tried going straight through to my pc with my modem instead of the router and voila....window updates fine now.

Okay....I found out my problem...It had something to do with my router....so I tried going straight through to my pc with my modem instead of the router and voila....window updates fine now.

Which router are you using? I actually had to ditch a Dlink router I had been using for years because no matter what I tried it just wouldn't work right with Win 7... ;) I never even thought to check the router... Well I 'm glad you got it figured out!! :)

Back