Can't use AMD crystality control centre after upgrade

Wait

My HP Pavilion DV7 was upgraded from Win7 to Win 10 and the Crystality graphics adjustment app is no longer available/working. The graphics chip is an ATI Radeon 4530 which is not supported (no driver) in Windows 10 by HP. The video all seems to work fine but I need to view the screen through HDMI on another monitor and there's a black border around the screen because the scaling is off and I can't tweak it because there's no Crystality app where this adjustment is normally done from.

Is there any way around this?

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Hi,
by Crystality do you mean Catalyst? The 4530 is considerd legacy so will be using the basic graphics driver which you can tweak to a certain extent . Open the control panel, Appearance and Personalisation, Display, screen resolution. Look under Advanced settings too.

You could try looking through any HP forums as often there's a sticky about this and that, could be worth a look?

You can still download the legacy driver and install it manually.

Nimit

You can still download the legacy driver and install it manually.
Does it work? it didn't worked in my friend personal computer (PC) yet.

Wait

"Open the control panel, Appearance and Personalisation, Display, screen resolution. Look under Advanced settings too.

You could try looking through any HP forums as often there's a sticky about this and that, could be worth a look"

Yes unfortunately the video settings that are available as you mention do not include the "scaling" tweak that I need and yes I'll hit the HP forums next if i can't resolve it myself.

"You can still download the legacy driver and install it manually."

That's what I will try to do but it's only the Catalyst (not Crystality as I wrote!) Control Centre that I'm missing. I'm hoping I can reinstall it somehow...I'll report back if i have success as it may help others.

I also realised the question I should really have asked is is it possible to install the missing Catalyst Control Centre after upgrade to Win 10.

Last edited:

Sonny

Excellent Member
Have you tried to google AMD Drivers? If you do you will find a tool that will automatically search and give you the latest drivers and the Catalyst manager to download.

Wait

Have you tried to google AMD Drivers? If you do you will find a tool that will automatically search and give you the latest drivers and the Catalyst manager to download.
Yes I've been down that road Sonny. If I use the driver autodetect app it says there are no updates available. I also tried uninstalling the drivers and then running the appropriate AMD driver install package and it doesn't offer to install the Catalyst Control Centre (which is what I need)!

So, anyway, while trying to find out what can be done I stumbled across this page: Change Overscan/Underscan settings without Catalyst Control Center

It seems like the only way to solve it is to dive into Registry editing. I've tried a few of the edits, none of which have worked for me so far. I'll keep trying.

Sonny

Excellent Member
I was hoping that might work. Sorry it didn't.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.