Windows 7 CD/DVD Driver missing

kumarkush

Hi

I am installing Windows 7. I am getting the error:
A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB flash drive, please insert it now

You all know where the problem shows up.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit was previously installed on my machine but after frustrating "BOOTMGR is missing", I have decided to reinstall Windows 7.

I have read many posts online, but any one barely seems to be working.

The specs of my computer are :

Single Hitachi SATA 500GB HDD 7200 RPM
Single HP dvd1201 24x SATA DVD Writer
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
Intel DG41RQI E-Series MoBo
2GB Kingston DDR2 800 MHz RAM

Please note that I do not have any IDE drive in my machine.

Windows XP still installs fine though?

How do I get rid of the problem?

Thanks in advance

Give this article a try sport I would type it out for you but this is a fix I learned with ealier verions of windows and it still hold true with this one it has worked for me 100% of the time

Windows 7 Forgot CD/DVD Drive Drivers

Just easer to give you the link than type it

The slack man :cool:

Have you tried setting your DVD drive as the "First Boot Device" in the BIOS and then saving it?

Windows 7 will only install if those settings are as listed above, especially for a clean or "custom" install.

Then reboot and you'll see a prompt: Press any key to boot from CD/DVD drive. Do that and you install should begin.

Hi everyone,

I am closing post. After reading many other posts also, I moved the connector of my DVD R/W to another port on the motherboard and borrowed a fresh Windows 7 DVD from a friend (who is a geek in himself, so I can trust the DVD taken from him). Started installing Windows 7. It went like hot knife in butter.

Thanks to any one who replied

Back
Top Bottom