Windows 10 change home page in edge

jtpcamp

Extraordinary Member
I have a Windows 10 Pro X 64 laptop. I am not able to change the home page in the Edge browser. My default browser Firefox has the home page I want but I cannot get this to work in Edge.. I navigate to my preferred page and go to Internet Options and the option to "Use Current Page" is grayed out. The other options are available but not the one to use the current page. Nothing I have found will let this option be available.

Does anyone have a solution?

Open your Edge Browser and go to settings. your settings will be the dots on the right of URL Bar. You can change it there. Choose custom and type in the url of the page you want. Delete the one it shows. After entering the url to the web page you want. Click on the plus sign to the right of it.

Last edited:
Open your Edge Browser and go to settings. your settings will be the dots on the right of URL Bar. You can change it there. Choose custom and type in the url of the page you want. Delete the one it shows. After entering the url to the web page you want. Click on the plus sign to the right of it.
I changed it in settings but when I close and reopen Edge the page I added is not displayed. Just the default start page.

I changed it in settings but when I close and reopen Edge the page I added is not displayed. Just the default start page.
oh, It finally opened the page I wanted. Thanks!!
Why is the option in Internet Options to Use Current Page grayed out??

You have to delete default start page. And after entering you web page you will see a plus sign. click on the plus sign and it should save it for you. At least that is what I did.

Your welcome. I haven't got an answer for why it is grayed out. Maybe somebody else here can say why it is. Glad you got your homepage set.

Your welcome.
Just before we get too excited. The advice above is great for changing your start up page, however, this does not appear to change the home page. If you click on the 'Home' button this seems to take you to a different page. Try it and see.

Hi

I have to say that I find Edge very confusing to use.

I did get it to open with my start page on the 5th try, but when it comes to the Favorites Bar, it's a pain.

I imported all my favorites from Chrome, big mistakes I have a lot of favorites and they are organised.

When they came into Edge as you would expect they came in a somewhat random order.

So I started trying to drag then to the order I wanted and discovered that I can't drag the ones from the drop down menu at the end to the favorites bar.

So I decided it would be easier to drag the addresses from Chrome to open the page and then drag a link down to the bar.

I deleted all the favorites one at a time, I couldn't find a way to clear it.

Now ready to start over I copied the link for these forums from Chrome to Edge and opened the page.

Now I tried to drag it to the favorites bar, only to discover that you can't do that.

You have to click on the Star, copy and paste the address into a window, select Address Bar, and then click save.

OK that's one down, but now I try and add Amazon and it but it only gives me the option to update or remove the Windows Forums link.

So you have to open the Amazon page by copying and pasting it in from Chrome, you can't just add the address to favorites.

So I opened the Amazon page, then I went to the star, now I can save the Amazon page as a favorite.

So that's the process, copy the link from Chrome, paste it into Edge, open the page, click on the Star, tell it you want to save to the Favorites Bar and say Add!

Why can't I just drag it to the bar?

Why can't I right click on it and say add to Favorites Bar?

Why can't I just drag the address from Chrome to Edge?

Why all these steps to do something that should be so easy?

It's all just harder then it needs to be.

Maybe I'll gradually move some of my links from Chrome to Edge but Chrome is just a lot easier to use.

Mike

Just before we get too excited. The advice above is great for changing your start up page, however, this does not appear to change the home page. If you click on the 'Home' button this seems to take you to a different page. Try it and see.
I use the same method as outlined by Sonny. It works for me.

The advice above is great for changing your start up page, however, this does not appear to change the home page. If you click on the 'Home' button this seems to take you to a different page. Try it and see.
The home page is optional in edge and set from 'advanced settings'... start page is just the default and you can have the same page as the opening one or something else.
Screenshot (68).png

Us norway is on the mark. I haven't used Edge since initially setting it up (didn't fancy it- lol) , and I had completely forgotten that additional requirement.

Since they updated IE, I haven't been too unhappy with it. But I still only have it on the taskbar as a backup. I prefer a lighter Browser for general use - in my case, Chrome.

Back