Windows 7 Change input language in safe mode (windows 7 professional)

Serenity

Hi everyone. I'm running Windows 7 professional. I need to boot into safe mode, and I would like to be able to switch the input language to my native Greek. Is there a way to do this in safe mode? (I know how to do it in unsafe mode :)).
The option does not appear anywhere in the control panel and when I click on "click to open Region and Language" in the "Windows Help and Support" dialog, nothing happens.

You're not going to like this...

Some things do not exist in Safe Mode... this is 1 of them. Sorry.

Drew

Hey, thanks for the reply. You don't have to apologise unless you're the person responsible for this particular bit of Windows design... :)

The funny thing is, I've booted into my XP safe mode (on the same computer) and Greek works just fine...

Για παράδειγμα... :)

I guess for some reason they kept that future from newer Windows versions...? :shrug:

Wow. Thanks for the info. I'm not going to whinge about it, because I don't have to use 7 anymore ;)

Edit: Actually, I just wanted to change the input language, as in the keyboard layout. But thanks all the same :)

Last edited:
Yes it seems that way. I wonder why they left them out like that, I'd have thought it's very important for some users.

Back
Top Bottom