Windows 7 Changing the display Percent (?)

meche

I have a laptop with a fairly high resolution in a 15in screen. The only options under "Display" are 100%, 125% and 150%. All of these are not good enough, I'd prefer something around 135%. Is there a way to put in a manual percent?

Thanks for the help!

Hi meche,
have you tried dropping your resolution? Right-click on your desktop and then choose 'Resolution'. You may find lowering it may help...

In Control Panel select Display. In the left panel select Set custom text size.
Left click on the ruler. Slide the ruler to display whatever % you want.
Have fun with it.

Edit: This also changes the Icon size.

Last edited:
I have a laptop with a fairly high resolution in a 15in screen. The only options under "Display" are 100%, 125% and 150%. All of these are not good enough, I'd prefer something around 135%. Is there a way to put in a manual percent?

Thanks for the help!

You mean to change the resolution itself, not zoom? Right click on the desktop and choose 'Screen Resolution'. Hope that helps!

I don't want to change the resolution (I use it for gaming and photo editing and the high resolution really helps). It's the zoom I guess. It doesn't specifically call it anything, it's just under the 'Display' options. Also, I tried the text size and that helps a little, but I'd prefer just to increase the size of everything (icons are fairly small @ 1920x1200). Based on the responses, I assume there is no way to manually input the desired 'zoom'.

Thanks again.

Back