Windows 7 Cod4 Problems. Again.

iawflower

CoD4 single player works great (in fact, I just played a mission), but multiplayer does not. It just begins to load and then crashes, no warning message, nothing. The next time I boot it up, it prompts me to use safe mode, which doesn't work.

I've heard that it was just Windows 7 (64), so I installed (32) and still didn't work.

I've heard that I have to enable my microphone jack. That didn't work.

I've guessed that it might just be my second monitor. Unplugged it, still didn't work.

I guessed it might be compatability. Tried compatability for Vista and XP, didn't work.

I've tried all of these fixes with and without safe mode.

Looked at Event Viewer, got this:
Faulting application name: iw3mp.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4824c9cc
Faulting module name: iw3mp.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4824c9cc
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x002777de
Faulting process id: 0x814
Faulting application start time: 0x01c9eb2b2524b99f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\iw3mp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\iw3mp.exe
Report Id: 65170341-571e-11de-b131-0019d1095ba5

Not sure what to do with that. Suggestions?

i recall having the same problem in vista. I can't remember exactly how i fixed it. But you can try right clicking on the sound icon in the taskbar.
Select Recording Devices. There should a device called 'stereo mix' if not right click in the white space and check 'show Disable Devices'. If it appears enable it and click OK. Now try to run Multiplayer hopefully it works.

Yeah, I've heard of that in other places, but the only recording device that appears for me is "Microphone", which is enabled.

Back