Windows 7 Compatibility issues with Linksys routers and/or drivers?

Quadcam

Has anyone had any problems with Linksys routers or their drivers? Prior to hooking up and installing the drivers for the wireless router, my computer would run perfectly fine. Now that I have the router hooked up and drivers installed, my computer freezes and crashes with BSOD's all the time. I've even done a fresh install of Windows 7 (I was running the release candidate) but I'm experiencing the same time.

I'm about ready to do another fresh install and go back to a direct connection. I am, after all, only using the wireless utility for my printer anyway.

Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated.

I would ask also, what drivers are you installing in Win 7 for your Linksys router?

My router is the WRT120N and I did install the software from the website Linksys by Cisco - WRT120N Support. I uninstalled it because the software it installed, "Network Magic", wouldn't work properly. I assume when I uninstalled it, the drivers were uninstalled also because I searched the registry for anything containing "linksys" and couldn't find anything. Any suggestions? How do I go about disabling that feature?

Thank you very much.

To set up a router, you may install the setup utilities, but I never have. You can just use the Web access by connecting your ethernet cable directly to the unit. I was going to check, but the graphics are so bad in the user manual, I can't see what they are doing.

Do you see how to do the web setup and is that what you are needing to do?

It is always good to update the firmware of the router, but that is not a driver.

Disable what feature exactly...is network magic still active after you uninstalled it?

Can you restore to a period prior to loading the Linksys software?

I know how to access the router via the web, but that's not what I'm trying to do.

I haven't checked the firmware, but I will do that.

Network magic isn't active anymore. I was referring to disabling the following feature posted above-

Disable IPv6. Do not use wireless utility from Linksys.
Are you using Win 7 drivers?

I can't restore because I loaded the software just after installing Windows 7.

Most likely you have restore point for Install Network Magic. Can you post some startup logs from Hijack This so we can see what you got. I hope you know what is the "Hijack This".

Are you still having Blue Screens after uninstalling the Network Magic?

I literally only had Network Magic installed for an hour or so because it would freeze every time I tried to navigate it. So yes, all of my problems continued after removing it. I did get a BSOD yesterday and it did a search online for the error message and apparently at had to do with my video card drivers. I uninstalled them and updated them today. No BSOD's, but my computer did act up and almost froze while watching a movie; it starts lagging.

Still freezing guys. Even after updating my video card and audio drivers.

Anything else you can suggest?

Thank you very much.

Back