Windows 7 Complex Problem with Windows 7 (again)

BobDobalina

Hello everyone,

today I expected a hard (or more than even one) issue(s) with my computer. Yesterday I installed Windows 7 Security updates and also with a driver clean installer newer GPU drivers. Somehow I recognized, that the system startup went a bit slower so I thought I make a restore of my system from yesterday (I made seperate point and also some hours later when Windows made the security updates, it made a restorepoint). After accepting the restore, the computer was working, then restartet (till yet normaly) but then when Windows logo should appear, a quick bluescreen appeared and the computer retarted again. Then I could chose normal start and quickstart with repairfuction. Normal start caused the bluescreen. In the second option the computer booted into something with a low resolution where I could chose to repair in cause of failures with a restorepoint. Here begins more trouble. Somehow my USB Mouse and USB Keyboard where inactive (no lights either). While on startup they worked, after the BIOS startup screen, where the light shorty goes out and then on again.. it didn't turn on again and in this way it didn't worked. I tried with another mouse. Same issue. Sadly I have just one other keyboard - a p2p one. I tried with it. And in may tried, most of it didn't work. Once I could make it, that in the windows where u say it should repair where u normaly chose the button with a mouse, I could tab there with ey p2p Keyboard and restore.. Of course it restored to the latest point. Then I thought, I try the restore point that is not from the windows security updates, but the one I made myself some hours before. This caused the exact same issue again and with some luck one time the p2p keyboard worked and now I am on this weird system.

What I already tried:
- tried to readout the bluescreen. problem: because they repair function used the latest working point, it is repairing into the system, where no bluescreen is logged and so there is no Minidump folder. (option for small dumpfiles is made already)
- start into secure mode from windows 7. Same issue: bluescreen
- tried cmd: sfc /scannow - no issues found
- checked event manager: no warnings or error listed. There are just "information"s about event 1001 Windows Error Reporting with following content:
Fehlerbucket 869137576, Typ 5
Ereignisname: StartupRepairOnline
Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: 6.1.7600.16385
P2: 6.1.7600.16385
P3: ASUS
P4: 25
P5: 1
P6: AutoFailover
P7: 1
P8: NoRootCause
P9:
P10:

Angefügte Dateien:

Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Critical_6.1.7600.16385_53f7eb77ffe3d36c6b171085798df1b2f40dc8f_01e84a0a

Analysesymbol:
Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0
Berichts-ID: d71f011c-e13d-11e5-a7f5-1c872c476cf8

I really don't know what it could be. Since they different keyboards and mice caused errors, I am sadly scared, that my pretty new (hafl year old) mainboard is broken. Someone knows what to do - Especialy u kemical?

Hi Bob,
I can see from some of the data posted that your missing a critical service pack. This number: 'P1: 6.1.7600.16385' tells me that it's missing otherwise it would be '7601'.
Please first run the system readiness tool in case you need it:
Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [October 2014] from Official Microsoft Download Center

Here is the link for Windows 7 Service pack 1:
Download Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Once the service pack is installed please run Windows update again as you'll be missing updates. You will need to watch out for the Windows 10 upgrade and this page will tell you how to avoid it:
Here’s how to stay on Windows 7 & 8 forever
I'd change your update settings so you can check on which actual updates are being installed and remove any if need be.

If the issues continue then:

Please run the driver verifier. If it causes a bsod loop on start up, boot into safe mode and turn it off. Post any resulting dump files. This guide will show you how to run the verifier:
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

Post any new dump files.

Oh and I moved your thread to the bsod section.

Howdy,

just a quick answer for now: I have installed service pack 1. This is the first thing I install after clean install. Also in System it says I have it!

Okay I will try the verifier. However I am scared so I need to know: How does it work? It will restart and check everythign and maybe cause a BSOD? But will it restart again after like i would never activate it? since I am scared that I cannot boot normal anymore then.

ok verifier caused a crash and same isses again. no mouse or keyboard, repairfunction and more. but at least I've got one bsod dump file (but I had much more BSODs).

I tried to figure out, if I atleast hae keyboard and mouse when I boot from CDROM (Windows 7 CD). I do not have them there, too :(

Attachments

• 030316-7316-01.dmp
    331.9 KB · Views: 357
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C9, {23e, fffff88002e6e324, fffff98003e12e10, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorF.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorF.sys
Unable to load image dtsoftbus01.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dtsoftbus01.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dtsoftbus01.sys
Probably caused by : dtsoftbus01.sys ( dtsoftbus01+1324 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Bob,
The above dump file is blaming Daemon Tools:

dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Jan 13 13:45:46 2012: Daemon Tools driver which is well known in debugging circles for BSOD issues in Win7. Please remove asap.

Please update your Intel storage driver too:
iaStorF.sys Sat May 03 00:07:00 2014: Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) Filter driver. You can find a later version here (don't worry it say's RAID as it's for single drives too)
Drivers & Software

Can you post some details on what actual system your using please. Is it a laptop or pc and if so what components. If it's a laptop, make and model please.

Howdy,

I removed Deamontools completly and I also installed the latest RST. However when I boot from CDROM, then I keep having the same trouble. Keyboard and mouse are there while loading all the files. And then - before the first selective windows from Windows 7-CD is coming, in the quick loadign scree, they got off. So the problem is still there.

Edit: I forgot you wanted to know my specs. Here they are:

Window s7 64bit
Mainboard Asus Z97-Pro Gamer
CPU: Xeon E3 1231 v3
GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
Ram: 16GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1866 DIMM CL10 Dual Kit
PSU: 500 Watt be quiet! Straight Power 10 Non-Modular 80+ Gold
Harddrive: SSD Samsung 840 Series 120GB (System); SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB; and then a data storage 1TB (think from Samsung or Seagate)

Last edited:
Edit: After google search I found out, this issue can be caused by XHCI mode in Bios. It was set on "enabled" and must be turned on "Auto" (I also have Smart-Auto, but I don't know what it is). I did and now I have mouse and Keyboard on Windows CD.

Keine USB Maus + Tastatur während Windows 7 Handinstallation

I will try verifier again now.

Edit2: Ok I did like the verifier tutorial said. It said I will need to restart for changed. I restarted and it started into windows without a difference. I wanted to retry it in verifier exactly like the tutorial said, but now when I click Finish it says "The settings where not changed"

Am I doing it right?

Last edited:
Well if you made the changes Bob and the verifier is coming back with nothing on start up it's probably ok driver wise.

I also see you've sorted out your keyboard issue, nice job!

Well,

now I was outside for an hour and when I came back, I got a popup, that I need to activate Windows 7. I think this could be normal, because this happends with hardwarechanges and removing a semi-hardware liek Deamon Tools is something like that, or? However this time it was pretty annoying: I usually have to activate if via the Bot-Phone-activation where I have to type numbers into my phone. But this time it whole time said I have an incorrect key. I had to call the support, but it said I'm out of supporttimes (germany - without telling me when this times are). I then got the option to get an english speaking supporter. He then asked for the numbers on the scree, gave me numbers and now I activated it. However I tried to ask why I now needed to call a human supporter.. but due the bad phoneconnection (to USA I guess) and the problems that I am not very good in english, it seems like we were "lost in translation". For him it was like normal that I have to call a human for this. Do you know why the phone activation is not accepted and I had to call a microsoft support?

Off hand I'm not entirely sure Bob. It's true that if one changes the motherboard windows considers this as a new computer so hence the activation prompt. Did you get a prompt when initially changed the moBo over? If not then this could be why your seeing a prompt now?

well for example i got activation messages, when the old bugged mainboard i had to change three times due warranty.. u may remember that the msi board i bought was all time buggeed, no matter how often i got a new one from the shop where i bought it. because it was the whole time the same mainboardtype and model, i didn't installed windows new and everytime i changes the board (even if it was exact same mode) i got the popup to activate windows. it was all time that i had to activate it via phone, connected to a bot where i type numbers into my phone to receive a code i have to type into my computer. but this time i received the response that the code is invalid and that i have to contact the support. that means i had to call to an us supporter , a human, that i have to tell everything. i don't know why i had to do so. never did before. to be honest i used cracked windows some years ago and never had those issues. its prettyy weird that an original key gives me much more trouble (. why i have to call the support??

Well if you have had to activate it that many times because of new moBos (and yes i do remember) that's why the original key won't work anymore and to activate you have to call the support who kindly give you a new key (in reality they don't have to).

What caused the pop up this time is unclear.

I have still this error message in event manager:

Fehlerbucket , Typ 0
Ereignisname: LiveKernelEvent
Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1:
P2:
P3:
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Angefügte Dateien:
C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WD-20151108-2346.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-8829-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Windows\Temp\WER2377.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_0_0_cab_02c82377

Analysesymbol:
Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0
Berichts-ID: 33fa6065-e150-11e5-bcef-1c872c476cf8

They keys have limited times of usage? Whoaat?
Key's do have unlimited usage (as long as you stick to the requrements) but each time you changed the motherboard you needed a new key. This is because your licence is probably OEM and Microsoft considers a new motherboard as a new computer. OEM licences are tied to one machine only and you can install as many times as you like as long as it's on the same machine. If you replace the motherboard that's like swapping the os to a new computer and hence the activation prompt.

To use the os on another computer you need whats called a 'retail' licence.

As for the event error message, unless your seeing issues when you actually use the os i wouldn't worry about it unduly.

But do you know what this Error Message means? Because this popups in event manager like 6 times everytime the pc started and did not before this whole breakdown

Not off hand no... Plus my German isn't too good either ;) Does the above error have an 'Event ID'? If so please post what that is.

The Event ID IS 1001

Edit: This is what I found else: It are exactly all time 8 Error Reportings in the same time each time the computer is turned on like after 10-20 minutes its up. Those Reportings fit all to 8 of 9 dmp. files in Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG
The dates of that 8 files are between 15.08.2015 and 08.11.2015.
The ninth dmp file is from 20.11.2015 and NOT listed in the ErrorReportings

Last edited:
Back