Windows 10 Problem with windows 10 automatic update

Klox

Hi All,
last night i had a windows 10 automatic update, after a few mins is said it had failed and had to reboot my laptop.
all i get now is a blank screen, no flashing light to show activity. I have tried all i can think of but i'm still stuck with the black screen. Any ideas

Unplug the laptop, and pull the battery out for a bit. Put the battery back in and turn it on. Hold shift and tap F8 and see if you can to get to safe mode or at least the recovery screen. if you can get to the recovery screen you can try rolling back Windows.

Unplug the laptop, and pull the battery out for a bit. Put the battery back in and turn it on. Hold shift and tap F8 and see if you can to get to safe mode or at least the recovery screen. if you can get to the recovery screen you can try rolling back Windows.

Unfortunately no joy, still just a black screen.

Ok well a Windows update should not affect BIOS, so it sounds like you happen to have a hardware problem at the same time you were updating Windows. If you have power it is probably 1 of 2 things. The screen or more likely the motherboard. If you have an external monitor you could hook that up and reboot the computer. If you see the BIOS screen on the external monitor then your screen will need to be replaced. If you still get nothing then I would say your motherboard is toast.

Ok well a Windows update should not affect BIOS, so it sounds like you happen to have a hardware problem at the same time you were updating Windows. If you have power it is probably 1 of 2 things. The screen or more likely the motherboard. If you have an external monitor you could hook that up and reboot the computer. If you see the BIOS screen on the external monitor then your screen will need to be replaced. If you still get nothing then I would say your motherboard is toast.

i've tried the external monitor and nothing, so i guess its the mother board :(

Back
Top Bottom