Windows 7 Compressing media (.mp4) files.?

miseryguts

Archiving using Winrar produces a file of exactly the same size as does sending to a compressed zipped folder.. am I just using the wrong settings..? (I've tried multiple) or do I need a specific utility for this..?

Thanks.

Just Goolge Search "Video Compressor - How to Compress Video MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, WMV, MPG, FLV, 3GP?", and you'll find many method to compress videos and audios like MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, MP3, WAV, FLAC, etc.

Not an area I have used very much. All I can give is a small word of warning: Not all software is free, and be careful with all sorts of attachments = extras when you install.

Best wishes of success. :)

I believe you'll find that for the most part, these types of files are already compress by their very nature.
Not even sure you can compress them further, even if you spend money and by some type of third party compression utility.

You never said what you were trying to accomplish and for what purpose.

I believe you'll find that for the most part, these types of files are already compress by their very nature.
Not even sure you can compress them further, even if you spend money and by some type of third party compression utility.
You took the words out of my mouth.

@miseryguts: always work with a copy - not the original file.

I think iDealshare VideoGo is the best app to compress MP4 to a smaller file size.

I like its batch compress function and compress with almost no loss of video quality.

It also helps to compress other video or audio formats like AVCHD, MOV, AVI, WMV, MPG, FLV, WebM, MOD, TOD, FLAC, M4A, WAV, APE, WMA etc

Back
Top Bottom