Computer changed it's SO

Solid Snake

Here is the thing, guys. I have a Lenovo notebook (it was bought in January 2016). It came with Windows 10. It worked fine. There was just one problem: those captcha pages (where you had to write the words in the box) were "bugged". By "bugged" I mean that no matter if you wrote exacly like the box, it would generate more and infinitely captha codes.

One day the computer reininced and when it turned on it changed it's SO, it became Windows 8.

Is it a common occurance? I like Windows 8 by the way. I just find it weird to the computer itself to change it's SO

There is no way your computer can revert to Windows 8 if it came with Windows 10. Your post is not exactly clear as to what is happening. If you were having problems with CAPTCHA's on websites that might have something to do with your web browser - and not your entire operating system. You need to look into whether someone has accessed your computer without your permission. Or you may be extremely confused? Thank you.

Yep, I also find it impossible to happen, but it really happened. It came with Windows 10, but reverted (after restarting by itself) to Windows 8. I was using the computer when it happened.

Yep, I also find it impossible to happen, but it really happened. It came with Windows 10, but reverted (after restarting by itself) to Windows 8. I was using the computer when it happened.
I guess Lenovo could have upgraded the os 'in house' or perhaps the store where you bought it, upgraded it?

Have you considered contacting either the store or Lenovo?

I think you are using Win 8.1 but just make sure your Win 10 os hasn't started running the Windows 8.1 start screen by checking these settings. You'll need to right click on the taskbar:
start.jpg

Back