Windows 10 Computer randomly freezes and making loud noises

Darren1417

I have a custom build desktop and on and off for over a year this has been happening:

Computer will completely randomly freeze, normally when playing a video (youtube right monitor) before i start yelling, you can slightly here just hissing and ****ed up noises. Sometimes louder or different tones

I've replaced:
Power supply
Video Card
Heat Sink
SSD
Motherboard (RMA)
and reinstalled OS countless times

AND ITS STILL HAPPENING

All diagnostics pass....

Anyone have any idea... im losing my mind here.

Full hardware specs are definitely required for us to solve a problem like this. You've replaced items that we know nothing of, and we have an incomplete picture of your hardware environment. If it's a custom-build (that means you bought it from a shop or a person who purchased parts and put it together) versus a self-build where you buy all the parts and put it together yourself.

Starting with the Make/Model of your Motherboard(as Sonny asked you for), GPU card (i.e.: NVidia GT680X), SSD Drive Make/Model, RAM memory sticks Make/Model, and the EXACT Make/Model and Wattage of your PSU. If you bought from a shop, they should have given you a parts list or manifest of each and every item I just listed. If you lost it or they never gave it to you, you need to download the free SPECCY diagnostic program which will give us all of what I asked for except for the PSU (Power Supply). SPECCY doesn't cover that, so you'll have to get it from the label on the PSU, which will require you at the very least to open up your computer case and look at the manufacturer label for Model & Wattage (we need both). If you've never done this before, it can also require you to completely disconnect all the cables and connectors from the PSU to the Motherboard and remove it completely to get to that label to get us that PSU specs. Here's a helpful video that shows you just how to do that and how to find the specs we need:
how to find your psu wattage in a pc video? - Bing video

To give you some information generally speaking while we are waiting for you to get your specs posted back here to this thread are the 3 most common causes for the kind of problem you are speaking of:
1.) Overvoltage or under-wattage on the PSU causing possible thermal damage to Motherboard electronics, CPU chip, GPU card(s), and your Hard Drive. High temps over 72 deg C (160 deg F) for an extended period of time can permanently damage those components.
2.) Faulty Hard Drive
3.) Dried out or missing Thermal Paste between CPU chip and the Motherboard socket.

So, you've replaced all your components with new ones, except we don't know the Make/Model of the old ones or the new ones you replaced them with! Another reason we need your specs.

You mentioned you replaced your Motherboard and it's been RMA'd; clearly you've replaced all your components except the RAM memory sticks (you forgot to mention if you tested and or replaced those). Faulty RAM sticks can often cause the types of freezes and hangs you mention in computers, along with the 3 faults I list above. You also mention that all diagnostics PASS. Which diagnostics are those, EXACTLY and what are their names? Again, insufficient information for us. Starting with the SPECCY output text file result we need you to post back here, you'll need to full test your SSD drive and your RAM memory sticks (all of them) at a very bare minimum. Here's how to do that:

MEMORY TEST:
Memory Diagnostics

HARD DRIVE TEST:
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Ordinarily we recommend the MEMTEST diagnostic for RAM sticks, and SEATOOLS or equivalent hard drive diagnostics listed in the link above for your SSD drive. SEATOOLS won't run on some SSD drives, so you have to look through the list given, but a program called TRIM will often do the job.

Finally, after you run the above hardware diagnostics and post back your results, we can give you a better idea what's going on with your system. If your problem persists, we'll then tell you the procedure to give us DUMP files created when Windows Blue Screens, Freezes, or Hangs and one of our analysts can examine those uploaded files for misbehaving apps, drivers, or BIOS configuration parameters and the like. You can actually start with DUMP file analysis first, but many of us hardware types prefer to know what hardware we are working with (need those specs!), and then if the problem isn't replaced by shotgun replacement method, you will actually need to look at your software environment that's running on fully tested hardware (this is the DUMP analysis).

This is a lot of information to take in, so we recommend you print out these instructions to hardcopy and review them carefully, and proceed one step at a time. Methodical troubleshooting is the best way to solve a problem such as yours; patience is required. These procedures may take a couple of days or a week or more depending on how much time you are willing to give each day to resolving your problem.

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Self Build

MSI Z87-G43 Gaming (RMA)
Intel Core i5 4670k
AMD Radeon HD 7800 (had a previous video card in there, cant remember which one)
SSD 1 (OS): Samsung 850 EVO (just replaced this week)
SSD 2 (Data): Kingston Sv300sa7a120G
G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8gbXL (4gbx2) (1 stick is out currently, as we found it was freezing the computer, about to be sent out for RMA)
Heat sink just replaced after, discovering processor over heating

upload_2016-6-17_19-26-33.png

You might want to check to see if your graphic drivers are up to date. I have an MSI board also but running Intel. This sounds crazy but one thing I found out is that 90 percent of my problems including freezing and boot problems came from my settings in the OC. Once I manually set my settings it pretty much stopped. Check for updated drivers and make sure your bios is up to date first. If they are you might then try to manually set your OC settings.

Hi,
We still need your PSU information, as it's about the #1 cause of failed self-built PCs. Underpowered situation can damage all internal electronics, CPU chip, GPU card/chip, RAM, chipset, BIOS, etc. It would be in your best interest to get that to us. In the meantime, your 1 bad RAM stick and your heatsink replacement may help along with sonny's OC settings suggestion. Did you test BOTH your hard drives per the link I gave you in my Post #3? They both pass?

Also, on your screenshots; you don't have the Voltages shown; you didn't open those categories with the "+" sign; specifically the 5V & 12V rails. If you used the SPECCY program I suggested, that would give us those. I now suspect you have a bad PSU, unless the above suggestions fix things. You can use the link in my Post #3 to help you identify the specs on the PSU label; but I suspect you already know how to do that. That was there more for someone who bought a custom-built PC and paid someone else to put it together for them.

Best,
<<<BBJ>>> :cool:

Back