Windows 7 Convert back to Vista

Jarbo

I have 4 computers all converted from Vista to windows 7. I've reached my witts end trying to solve the very Slow internet connection speed on a cable netword. I read all 18 pages of the internet forum, Applied numerous suggestions to fixes and even tried all the windows solutions on how to optimized the IE:

Is there any way to revert back to Vista without having to do a whole system recovery on each computer?

I have 4 computers all converted from Vista to windows 7. I've reached my witts end trying to solve the very Slow internet connection speed on a cable netword. I read all 18 pages of the internet forum, Applied numerous suggestions to fixes and even tried all the windows solutions on how to optimized the IE:

Is there any way to revert back to Vista without having to do a whole system recovery on each computer?

First, have you tried this and rebooted to see if it makes any difference?

Go to Task Manager /services /services and Disabled the Function Discovery Resource Publication service

Note: Windows 7's new "HomeGroup" connectivity requires this service.

Have you had a look at the possibility of updating your network adapter? You are probably using a router also? Unlikely, but it may need a look at to see if you need to reorganise the settings - even a firmware update, but that us an outside possibility.

Go into the Device manager - Network adapters. Click propeties and see if you can find an update on the web. You could well be using a Vista/XP compatible driver.

Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried some changes suggested. I'm going out of town today an returning Monday. While I'm gone my wife will be using her computer. If the problem isn't solved I will look for additional suggestions on Monday.

Again Thank you to all who have responded with suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom