Windows 10 Convert MBR to GPT without Data Loss

NettleWarbler

Honorable Member
Convert MBR to GPT without Data Loss ,using AOMEI Partition Assistant . Is it that easy ? . Has anyone used AOMEI Partition Assistant , is it instant do you have to restart .

Attachments

• Convert MBR to GPT without Data Loss.PNG
    Convert MBR to GPT without Data Loss.PNG
    116.4 KB · Views: 86
I have EaseUS Partition Master Pro downloaded from there website earlier this month , i was hoping to get converted to gpt today . i have a small video to burn about 7 mins , also i was going to put a digital camera disk image file on cd . I was going to use wondershare dvd creator for both , but thats not recognising my dvd burner .

It is that easy with some of the third party tools. Windows native conversion tool will only convert in a destructive manor. I would recommend backing up any important data just in case when manipulating the underlying filesystem structure just in case.

i tried mbr2gpt countless times , but can't manage it . With EaseUS Partition Master Pro i will let someone on here guide me , i either convert to gpt and lose all my files , this time earlier i clicked execute it went through a few motions and i still have mbr .

Can someone please guide me me through the EaseUS Partition Master Pro , all i want is to convert to gpt . I'm not bothered about losing any files .

kemical , thank you mine is the pro version (easus ) my own downloaded from there own website , it's supposed to be the latest version . | have tried it went something like right click the drive convert to gpt , it done a few motions and my drive is still mbr . It makes me wonder if i'm using it right , i'm not bothered about losing any files as long as it ends up as gpt format

there are 4 steps;
  1. right click the selected mbr drive to convert to gpt
  2. that adds execute to the top which you then run
  3. it will say mbr to gpt in the list and you press apply
  4. reboot the system
possible issues are; your drive is locked by some 3rd party software, you didn't restart the system or the drive you are trying to convert is not a mbr... please give us a screenshot of what you see on your system so we can spot the error

gpt.png

execute.png
apply.png

Thanks ussnorway , i was going to ask for a one to 10 guide to use the item . At least this time i know it will be in the right order

Does anybody know what kemical means by You can also format your drive into GPT if you clean install Windows 10/11. Simply boot from the media windows is on, find your drive when asked where to install Windows and simply click next.

Does anybody know what kemical means by You can also format your drive into GPT if you clean install Windows 10/11. Simply boot from the media windows is on, find your drive when asked where to install Windows and simply click next.
He means that if you don't need the data on the drive, that is, if the drive is not your boot drive, then you could simply format the drive into GPT instead of converting it.
But if the drive you intend to convert to GPT is your boot drive, that is, it contains the operating system, then you should make sure first that your motherboard is UEFI compatible (check this in the bios setup) and only after that you should convert it to GPT. In this last case (boot drive and motherboard UEFI compatible), using EaseUS partition manager pro will convert the drive to GPT and it will keep all the data on it intact. By the way, if you don't need the data on the drive, then you could convert it to GPT by using windows utilities.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

It is my main drive , i,m going to try mbr2gpt once more after searching for how to convert to gpt when you install windows 10 . I,v tried lots of times but it does exist .

Attachments

• mbr2gpt.PNG
    mbr2gpt.PNG
    462.4 KB · Views: 65
It is my main drive , i,m going to try mbr2gpt once more after searching for how to convert to gpt when you install windows 10 . I,v tried lots of times but it does exist .
Once again, it doesn't matter what program you use for the conversion. If the motherboard is not UEFI compliant and you convert your boot drive to GPT, you won't be able to boot your computer from the converted drive.

It is UEFI compliant , I tried easus as was written down , it deleted windows and the format is still mbr .

do you know the model of your system i.e, an Asus X580vd laptop?
have you got a Windows 11 boot disc or Usb stick?

With this site and me both doing tests on EaseUS Partition Master Pro , I think this product ain't working correctly .

What do you mean convert it to GPT by using windows utilities. Mbr2gpt ?, if I had another hard drive could I convert it to gpt that way if so how long would it last .

What do you mean convert it to GPT by using windows utilities. Mbr2gpt ?, if I had another hard drive could I convert it to gpt that way if so how long would it last .

If the disk you want to convert is not the system disk, then you can convert it to GPT, but you'll lose all the data on it (all partitions will be deleted and the disk will be formatted).

Back
Top Bottom