Windows 10 Convert MBR to GPT without Data Loss

The question, is how do I convert to gpt from a different hard drive .?
What do you mean by "from a different hard drive"? How you do the conversion, if the drive you want to convert is not the system drive (boot drive)? This is the question?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I try mbr2gpt , it won't let me clean the drive .

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    138.4 KB · Views: 46
  • error.PNG
    error.PNG
    120.6 KB · Views: 44
That one says mbr2gpt is not recognised
Because the mbr2gpt utility is not part of windows operating system and the system can not find the command/program in the folder you are trying to run it from.

Please read again all our answers from the beginning and try to understand them. It looks like you are ignoring them and you are sending questions that were already answered.

A few days ago, I sent you a few private messages, offering you individual help. From your answers, I understand that you do not have enough knowledge in this field and you shouldn't do this alone.

As for few private messages I don't use my email add too often , try to understand them . Were not all scientists, ( I had 14 years down the pit now I don't think there,s any working coal mines in all the country . I don't deliberately make things hard for me , the easier I find things the better it is

As for few private messages I don't use my email add too often , try to understand them . Were not all scientists, ( I had 14 years down the pit now I don't think there,s any working coal mines in all the country . I don't deliberately make things hard for me , the easier I find things the better it is
The private messages were sent on Windows Forums, not to your email which I do not have. We all here try to help, for free, in our free time, but it seems you are not ready to cooperate. You ask questions, we are trying to answer, but some times we need more info in order to be able to help you. If you ignore our questions and answers, then better do it by yourself and don't waste our time.

When I downloaded the Gptgen tool , unzip it click on run as administrator I get a flash of screen as its trying to open then nothing . When I click on recently added theres nothing there .

Attachments

• gptgen-1.1.PNG
    gptgen-1.1.PNG
    72.2 KB · Views: 45
There is a new directory on the first line, named gptgen-1, what is in there?
What is the question? What exactly do you want to know?

bochane I want to convert a new hard drive to gpt , without data loss . I'v tried mbr2gpt umpteen times , I can't use it I just want to convert to gpt . It don't matter if I loose files converting to gpt is the main thing .

Back