Windows 10 Convert Win-10 ISO file to a Bootable DVD

n2b

I was able to download Win-10 pro to my hard drive as a ISO file. How can I convert this to a bootable DVD.

I am presently running Win-7 SP1 on an older computer with the following specs. Can somebody tell me if my computer systems are adequate for a satisfactory Win-10 operation. According to MS check list I meet their minimum requirements. But is that enough to have a good experience with the new system. Will I need to get new drivers too ?
Win-7 runs smoothly with no problems. I do not play games on the computer and generally use it for e-mails, browsing, download and edit music using Audacity, and scan family photographs etc. I am wondering if with my older system if it is a good idea to go to Win-10. Is it trouble free now. Appreciate your opinions on this

I assembled this Desk Top computer in 2008
Motherboard -- ASUS P5N-E- SL1
CPU-- Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.67 GHz
RAM -- 4 GB
Win-7 SP1 - Pro 32 bit OS

In Windows 7 all you need to do is right click the ISO and select Burn to Disc and that should be it.

You will also need new drivers, if this is a custom computer I'd verify you have drivers available for each component before upgrading.

Not sure where you downloaded the W10 pro ISO file from; but if you get it from Microsoft, it's already a bootable DVD or USB when you create it using the Microsoft MCT tool as here: Download Windows 10

Try downloading from the above link, and create your DVD or USB with the MCT tool, and it will be automatically bootable on any Windows PC you have. Problem solved! :up:

P.S. I would also strongly urge you to BACKUP ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FILES TO EXTERNAL MEDIA BEFORE ATTEMPTING THE UPGRADE TO W10 IN ORDER TO PREVENT IRRETRIEVABLE DATA LOSS!!!

P.S.P.S I'd also recommend that you run the built-in W10 COMPATIBILITY TEST to check if your Hardware and drivers will support W10. This is especially crucial on older self-built PCs such as yours, as your particular Mobo may not support W10 given that it's 9 years old this year: you can visit the ASUS website and check that on your model Mobo. This link explains how to run it when you first attempt to run the W10 Upgrade or Clean Install here: Get Compatibility Report for Windows 10 in Window 7 and 8.1

Best of luck;:encouragement: post back if you run into any problems with the upgrade. We are here 24x7x365.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Windows 10 Home and Pro are the same ISO. Once you install Windows 10 and add a pro license the pro features get installed.

Back