Windows 7 Could not install RC on HDD in AHCI mode

MaC

I wasted entire day backing up my files and then trying to install Windows 7 RC x64. Everything was fine until first restart when my AHCI bios couldnt find available devices/ports.
But first: my PC was running in AHCI mode for months with Vista64 and win7x64beta installed; no problems. Until today. Here what i did: 1.boot from windows 7 rc dvd, 2. deleted all partitions, created new ones, formated and started the installation process; 3. After couple of minutes the installer restarts my computer (as always) but the booting stops on AHCI bios.
Now I tried to restart again but no go: stop on AHCI bios screen, only solution I could think of was to enter bios and turn off AHCI (and start new windows installation), but to do it (enter bios) I need to get pass AHCI bios screen. So I cleared CMOS which reseted my bios settings and allowed me to enter bios and set my SATA ports to IDE mode. From now on it was trouble free and I am writing this from Windows 7 RC.
But what was the problem? Is it Windows 7 RC? If not then only other explanation would be bios version I am using: it's F6c which is in beta state and it updated Intel AHCI bios version to newer one; but it run well without problems until that Win7 installation.
Anyone running Win7RC on HDD in AHCI (or RAID maybe?) mode succesfully?

Here are my system specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte EX38-DS4
Link Removed - Invalid URL
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e6750 2.66GHz
GPU: Gainward GeForce 8800GT 512MB
RAM: Patriot DDRII 2GB (800MHz)
HDD: Western Digital SATAII 250 GB
Link Removed due to 404 Error
PSU: Tagan 500W
System: Windows 7 RC 64bit

PS. Forgive me my poor english; hope you understand what I wrote above.

Back