Windows 7 Crashing after playing a game for 30 sec

Nickolai

I recently set up a new computer. I tried playing a few different games and the results are always the same. The menus work fine but when I start a game, it plays great and looks great for about 30 seconds. Then my computer suddenly shuts down, and freezes when trying to restart windows. Anything else, including full screen video sites and software all work with no issues. The games I've tried were Farcry 2 and Torchlight 2, both purchased through Steam. Red Alert 2 through Origin works fine, however. Neither of the other games should give me a problem. Below are my specs and attached is the event log from the several crashes I encountered. It won't let me attach the event viewer file, only a txt file. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice received. Thank you.

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
Intel Pentium Dual E2180 @ 2.00 GHz ea
3 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

Attachments

• crash log.txt
    314.6 KB · Views: 1,761
Last edited:
Not so good here, but it would indicate a Steam problem. You might find the best help in their support.

First, please check if your system has the correct requirements to run these games.
You can visit the below link to check your system requirement to run these games and you will get all the information from the report after checking it.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

If your game names are not listed in this site then please update your display driver.
Or you can check the same game in any other computer if they are working fine.

Back