Windows 10 Creating ISO image from install.esd file - questions

ziomu

Hi everyone. I'm planning to update my PC tablet with Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 by Windows Update. I found $Windows.~BT file and install.esd file and I would like to create ISO file by ESDtoISO app. So, I have 3 questions:
1. If I create ISO file from ESD file downloaded by Windows Update on tablet, could I install Windows 10 on every PC by this ISO or only on this one tablet?
2. When I was creating ISO file from install.esd, there was also created install.esd.orig file. What is it? Is it important? Do I need this file to install Windows?
3. Which ISO file should I create: "Create Full ISO with Standard install.wim" or "Create Full ISO with Compressed install.esd" ? I will install ISO from USB 2.0 pendrive on Pc with 2 GB RAM and 4-core Intel Procesor 1.4 GHz. Which ISO type should I choose?
Thank you so much for help and sorry for my English. :)

I am trying to make an ISO from official Windows for normal user (not Insider) downloaded via Windows Update. This file is from "A" device and I would like to install Windows 10 on "B" device. Is it possible?
I would like to reinstall system with disc format (previously I updated old Windows to Windows 10 via Windows Update, to activate Windows on PC).
I would like to install Windows 10 from DVD and bootable pendrive. Official version - not Insider.
I couldn't again download Windows 10, because I have limited mobile Internet (only 8 GB for month and that's it)

Last edited:
Well the tool I linked to above will create a bootable USB as well as bootable DVD for you, then you can use your software of choice to create an ISO from the DVD.

I suggest you download the ISO file directly from Microsoft website and it's free. After you've downloaded it, you can use the tiny freeware ISO2Disc to make a bootable CD or USB stick.

Back