Windows 7 Creative programs won't work upon installation of Wacom driver

SethBlizzard

I have just installed the driver for a Wacom board I have from school on my Acer Aspire 7741Z, purchased almost one year ago, 64 bit. Upon installation (incidentally, the Wacom board is an Intuos 4, and I have another Wacom board of the Bamboo variety), Photoshop 7.0 and other programs including Autodesk Maya refuse to open. I click on it, the blue circle appears, then it just stops. Same story for the Task Manager, it turns up there, then it just stops. At the very most, I get a window explaining to me that the program has stopped working. There is no explanation as to why this is happening.

Is the Wacom driver causing this? If not, what is and what can I do about it? If it means uninstalling the Wacom driver, how can I do that?

Last edited:
The latest driver for the Intuos 4 is from January of this year.. I suppose you are using that one?

I have a Bamboo that seem to work fine, but I do not have the programs that seem to be giving you problems. Perhaps it has something to do with the resolution. Do you see any settings that might make the tablet more compatible?

Back
Top Bottom