Windows 7 Crysis 2

Re: Crysis 2-Prophets Journey

aye, I totally expect AMD to use similar tactics on game they "Sponsor" too... but what with Nvidia using the old Physx dirty tricks in the past (even now compulsary download for Ati users for quite a few games, can't tell me Nvidia didn't spike the drivers on purpose)

aye, I totally expect AMD to use similar tactics on game they "Sponsor" too... but what with Nvidia using the old Physx dirty tricks in the past (even now compulsary download for Ati users for quite a few games, can't tell me Nvidia didn't spike the drivers on purpose)

In the years that ATI\AMD have been doing the 'Get in the Game' programme they have never got a developer to degrade a competitors performance like that. For one thing ATI don't pay the developers they just help with coding or driver issues.

Well maybe, Nvidia reputation is pretty much still in tatters recovering from the GTX480/470/465 fiasco, now they pull this ****? lol

They also did it with Crysis, Batman - Arkham Asylum and many other games. It's what they do.

They failed on Crysis 1 then, cos i did benchmarks vs a mate's 295 and it was utterly trounced by my Ati (the 295 should have won that test as its a faster gpu for dx9/10) but back in time of release I was probably running a 6800 or 8800 which probably owned the pre-HD/4000 series in benches.

I had an 8800 when Crysis was released. Man I loved that card, it loved being overclocked, was cheap and ran Crysis fine at High settings. Then I was lured away with the 4000 series which was another killer card for the time. As for my 5870... Hmm never really got to love it as much as the other two recent offerings but perhaps I'm just being harsh. First generation of a new API and all that..

Last edited:

8800 cheap? paid close to £300 back then, but I guess I've made good choices for each generation I bought from 'cos never really had a bad card since back in the day of dx66's with trident cards, except maybe picking PowerVR over Voodoo 3dfx

Last edited:

8800 cheap? paid close to £300 back then, but I guess I've made good choices for each generation I bought from 'cos never really had a bad card since back in the day of dx66's with trident cards, except maybe picking PowerVR over Voodoo 3dfx

Well if you get nostalgic I've got a Trident T64 32 mb card here still in the box for you.:)

I paid 150 for mine although it was only the 320mb version.

hmm that said I pretty much got mine on in the first few months of release, the 320mb versions where the Mk2 chipset which didn't come out till about 7 or 8 months after I think, so would explain the price drop as mk1's were 640mb and 768mb only.

Well since last posted I've jumped back to "Team green" as bought a cheap GTX580 (£250 compared to the £380 7950/7970's I was looking at from AMD which are it's equivalent makes sense to me) to tide me over until I can save for the 670/680 which look absolute monsters.

Last edited:

Cool price dude. It's a while yet before I do any upgrading..

Back
Top Bottom