Windows 7 Crysis and Grand Theft Auto 4... No Go

I've got exact same problem with Crysis and UT3 ! It's freaking me out! Tryed compatibility mode... It doesn't work.
Config:
Windows7 RC 7100 x64, nvidia driver 190.38, Comodo internet security antivirus.
I think that antivirus is messing all up - I have played UT3 succefully while I had avast! antivir installed. The problem is that I hate avast! and it's not really 64-bit app.

I cant beleive this post has gotten this far without somebody mentioning the cd problem with crysis!!!!

The only way I can get crysis to run is to insert the origenal game cd, then goto my computer/dvd drive then locate the autorun exe and double click it.

when the splash screen appears click play!! don't try running it from the my games folder. it don't work!!

I have two pc's running win7 64bit and they both run crysis with "4xaa @1920/1200" and "2xAA @ 1650/1050"respectivly

system 1 = Q9650, striker2extream, 280gtx, 4gig ddr3 corshair dominator. System2 = Q6600, xfx680i lt, 9800gtx, 2gig corshair sli 800hrtz ddr2

maybe try using No-DVD cracks or mini-iso with daemon tools, to save scratching your real discs....saves hassle and it saves time.

Crysis did have some securerom issues but I thought the patches cleared that up?? My copy runs without a hitch and you could always try the fix Highwayman suggests...

I must say I find it very annoying that we have to put up with such draconian protection schemes these days that often cause problems only for people that use the real discs etc, I got sick and tired of having to carry boxes of games to LAN parties (only too get scuffed over time)... seriously the people that seem to have less issues loading and playing are ones using protection bypass tools like virtual dvd mini isos etc.

Seems to me that a serial key is still the best protection that causes the least hassle....why should PC's with Terrabyte HD's need to keep a disc handy JUST to load a game? thats just stupid and only punishes honest people, take a look at games successes like World of Warcraft and Guild Wars, Crysis Wars etc...no dvd needed to load up, no dumb securom backdoor....just nice simple serial key check.

Last edited:
Yup, totally agree.. Although this will never change,,,,, Not whilst the games producers are worried about their revenue..
Seems to me that EA are the worst offenders..

sorry (of topic I know but I feel subject matter is important enuf 2 warrent)

Yup, totally agree.. Although this will never change,,,,, Not whilst the games producers are worried about their revenue..
Seems to me that EA are the worst offenders..

Yes I agree, all though ea have released a sofwaire de authorising tool for some off the worst offenders, in an effort re-compensate end user's.

It seems however that the answer is not ever more increasingly draconian DRM,,,

Ironclad/kylypso proved this by realeasing there game "sins of a solar empire" with no copy protection. You can instal the game as many times as you like on however many computers you like. Then if you (or someone who you've loaned the game to for that matter) like's the game you can register youre cd key (or buy one if you've loaned the game)with impuls (like steam sort off) and gain access to updates and expantion pack's....

If they had gone the usual Drm heavy route, there game still would have been cracked a few days after realees anyway. the only decernable difference as far as I can see at least, is that they would have penalized there legitamate customers whilst failing to stop there game from being pirated anyway lol!!!

The bigger player like Ea are catching on fast aswell by experimeanting with free to play software, episodic gaming and user created downloadable content... they are trying to creat places that reward customer loyalty by giving the end user more off what they want, and less of what they don't want.

I only hope they get it right or we'll end up with cosole's being the only option for the hardore, and pc's will be demoted to either be work tools, media player's and internet veiwer's and no one wants that right????

EA just kill me... I bought 'Dead Space' and ended up having to pirate my own game.. After 5 installs you reach a limit and I had to find a crack to get it to run... I mean that is just ridiculous...

I just hope Ramos that your final words don't turn out to be too prophetic...

Back