Windows XP Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB2888505)

Those of you who are still using WIN XP with Internet Explorer 8 and Outlook Express...
PLEASE NOTE!:
After a week of troubleshooting, multiple system restores, uninstall and re-install Internet Explorer....
And losing the ability to imbed MIDI FILES every time the windows updates came through?

The loss of ability to imbed MIDI files in outlook express because the source code for balance and volume were missing...
Is due to THIS:

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB2888505)

I have uninstalled the marked update, and Outlook Express is NOW working perfectly.
I have disabled the ability to download this update again until Microsoft fixes the issue.
This has cost me over 20 solid hours of troubleshooting, including CHKDSC; multiple system restore;Individually removing and re-adding the security downloads to isolate the problem. Hopefully Microsoft will correct the script before the next automatic windows update.

Attachments

• Windows security updates.jpg
    Windows security updates.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 578
Greetings and welcome to the forum.
Thanks for that piece of information. I suspect others may very well find it helpful.
Regards
Randy

Back