Windows 7 curser jumps to mouse location

zerodegreec

So this is driving me nuts. The curser jumps to to the location of the mouse pointer when typing. I think it may have to do with a mouse setting that selects a open window without clicking on it. Someone please help me out, its driving me CRAZY!!!

Nope. So what happens (it just happened to me while typing this). When typing in a text box, if my cursor is to the left of where I am typing the cursor will jump to that location. For example if I have the cursor in the middle of the word "example" right now, it jumps back and as I continue to type its in the middle of the word "example". So now I have to move the mouse outside of the text box in order to type anything... needless to say this is not cool.

i have the same problem, sometimes i'll be watching a video in VLC and the mouse will suddenly move. Never happened in vista or XP same mouse same computer. Definatly pretty strange. Also i do not have the snap to option previously mentioned

I did a fresh install of 7 and the problem has not come back...messed up huh? its all good now. I have excersized the demons... well that one anyway.

I did a fresh install of 7 and the problem has not come back...messed up huh? its all good now. I have excersized the demons... well that one anyway.
perhaps making a circle of fire around my computer and sacrificing a virgin XP cd while reading from my windows CE manual will make my problems go away.

I am having the same problems with my Dell Laptop.

It was originally running XP and I upgraded it to Windows 7 Beta and this problem appeared. I recently upgraded (didn't do a complete fresh install) and the issue is still there.

Back