Windows 7 Desktop freezez after some time

Posiedon

I am using windows 7 32 bit.Everything on my computer is running fine but when i start my computer and after surfing the internet for some time my desktop freezes.Left click or rightclick doesnt do anything.I can however use the start button or the task bar.How do i solve this???

Thanks in advance.

Hi Posiedon,
How long has this been happening? Did it start after you had installed something and have you checked for virus activity?

its been since 1 month.....i dont exactly remember if it has happened due to installation of some software.......I am using AVG and i scanned my PC for virus and also scanned for malware using malwarebytes.But i didnt find anything.

Thank You

Troubleshooting steps for you to try -

* Go to search, type device manager and look for any yellow warning markers

*Type event viewer, in search (by start button) and look for errors that may show the cause of the problem.Look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).
When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

* Make sure that you are not over heating.

* Make sure PSU is working properly

* If overclocking, restore to original

* Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.

*Clean boot. You may discover what is causing your problem.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Just a quick suggestion try in Safe Mode with Networking. I say this as you mentioned it happens when surfing so you surfing in safe mode would be a good test.

Back