Windows 8 desktop p5qc/q9550 keeps freezing "randomly" in multiple OS

but the 250gts worked without issues 2yrs,that's what's baffling me..and the 550 i tested is not that different from the 250gts (specwise)..Is it possible something broke on my mobo, so it now can't handle data of heavier cards or something?

chkdsk still running, all ok as for now

Things wear out with age. It's most likely that there's a problem with something on your mobo, but it's only speculation. The "test" is to try another motherboard. If you decide to try another, purchase one from a place that accepts returns (so you can get your money back if a new mobo isn't needed).

Good luck!

Things wear out with age. It's most likely that there's a problem with something on your mobo, but it's only speculation. The "test" is to try another motherboard. If you decide to try another, purchase one from a place that accepts returns (so you can get your money back if a new mobo isn't needed).

Good luck!

thing is if i get a new mobo i OR hve to buy an outdated OR have to buy a new cpu aswell.. Is it possible that the north bridge has issues?Maybe temp issues?

No sense in buying another outdated mobo.
We can't tell where the issues are (or even if they are) in the mobo. Checking the Northbridge temp would help - but it's not likely to provide conclusive evidence.

No sense in buying another outdated mobo.
We can't tell where the issues are (or even if they are) in the mobo. Checking the Northbridge temp would help - but it's not likely to provide conclusive evidence.

ok any mobo suggestions..was thinking about the asrock extreme 4..or maybe a gigabyte equivalent..

and as cpu 2500k from the early ivy bridge adaptors, or a new 3570k?

Back