Windows 7 Devices and Printers not loading (PLZ HELP)

deadlife

I have installed windows 7
Everything is working fine except for the bluetooth
Bluetooth is not working ( I have a HP dv9092ea with integrated bluetooth module that worked just fine with XP)
So i figured its in devices and printers but its not loading the green thing just keeps loading but nothing come up
No devices at all

I also wanna know about any anonymizers that can be used with windows 7
Really appreciate your help guys

TC

Really weird, when selecting Devices and Printers (Device Stage) in the menu the progress bar would take forever and never display anything - just blank.

Finally discovered it was actually a bluetooth issue in services. I don't even know why I looked there - -

THE FIX at least for me..

Click Start button, type "services" into the search program and files box. This brings up a list in the menu, select Services. This should open a list of local services on your system.., Find 'Bluetooth Service" and make sure it has started, right click and set to 'automatic' (mine was already set), Select "Bluetooth Support Service" and start, set to automatic (mine was set on manual) --

This fixed my issue, hopefully yours as well..

Originally posted by slappydog

Devices and printers not loading - Still a problem???

I have this same problem (devices and printers not loading) but the bluetooth services solution did not take care of the problem for me.

Is there any new news / advice for this. Very frustrating!

I have the same problem too. I don't have a Bluetooth dongle and no built-in support. I do have a "Bluetooth Support Service" in my Services which I changed to Automatic and started it, but the problem persists. No other bluetooth-related entry in Services. This is on a new installation, and the only driver I changed was updating to the latest video drivers from ATI. I was able to add a network printer, but I just can't get to it through the Devices and Printers screen. Anyone have any further suggestions?

Devices & Printers still not showing in Windows 7

I have this same problem (devices and printers not loading) but the bluetooth services solution did not take care of the problem for me.

Is there any new news / advice for this. Very frustrating!

Did you ever find a fix for this? The Bluetooth thing did not work for me.

I would also like to know if there is an update to this.
I've checked Bluetooth, re-installed printers, clean boot and ran the troubleshooter to know avail :-(

Not sure if this works for everyone but I found that my issue had something to do with the default view or large icons for the devices and printers window, to get around the issue I had to stop the search then change the default view to say list and then refresh the page, for me this worked.

Confirm that either:
  • Bluetooth support service set to automatic; or
  • Change view of Printers and Devices to Details (from large icons) and refresh.
One of the above did it.

And: double click access to printer properties from Details view opens a different "Properties" dialog box than the same operation in icons view. More details, more editable.

Go figure. Ain't Windows grand.

Have to make sure the Bluetooth Support Service is turned on also. Setting to automatic alone won't do the fix. Double click on the line item and you'll find the place to turn it on! Still find it amazing that this can pop up out of the blue!!!!!

For me, neither Bluetooth support service settings or viewing Devices and Printers seems to be the problem. I've also scanned it, reinstalled the printer software, changed the users. It's still loading endlessly with the green bar. When it finally stops, the screen says there are 0 items (not the case!) and will not populate.

I'm running W7 64 bit on a network that includes two other identical laptops that both work fine. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Attaching to this thread may not be a good approach since, for me, the complete situation is hard to pickup. If you want to try, could you please give more information. I do have a Bluetooth capable printer I can try to set up. It does work fine as a wireless currently.

But if you are adding a Bluetooth device, you probably need to do it in the Bluetooth "add a device" in the tray and not Devices and Printers.

In my case, I wasn't even working with anything Bluetooth! This just decided to "happen" on its own and what I did to fix it, did fix it, but I can't explain why!

Thank you ghost_301, it solved my issue.

Really weird, when selecting Devices and Printers (Device Stage) in the menu the progress bar would take forever and never display anything - just blank.

Finally discovered it was actually a bluetooth issue in services. I don't even know why I looked there - -

THE FIX at least for me..

Click Start button, type "services" into the search program and files box. This brings up a list in the menu, select Services. This should open a list of local services on your system.., Find 'Bluetooth Service" and make sure it has started, right click and set to 'automatic' (mine was already set), Select "Bluetooth Support Service" and start, set to automatic (mine was set on manual) --

This fixed my issue, hopefully yours as well..

Originally posted by slappydog

Back