Brabus 999

hi, about a month ago my vaio laptop started freezing on youtube . i mean everything was frozen and i had to restart it manually. and then it started freezing on avi files.wether i play the avi file on wmp, vlc or real player, the duration of the freezing was about a minute or two every 20-30 minutes on both the audio and the video. so far, this is what i ve done:

1-updated the video card . and everything else through vio update.
2- installed k lite codec 64
3- ran disc cleanup and registry cleaner through vaio care .
4- installed the latest realplayer version.
5- ran sfc scannow . i dont really know the results for the scan because i was away from the laptop the minute it finished.
6- scaned the computer with avg anti virus 2012 and no viruses were discovered.

results: the duration of the freezing decreased. now it freezes every 15 - 20 minutes for a second or 2 and the video fast forwards to keep up with the freezing and the sudio stops during freezing. and its really annoying because sometimes it freezes like 10 - 20 times a day. could it be from bitlord 2.0?

my system specs:
vaio laptop vpcea25fa
windows 7 home premuim service pack 1 and 64 bit
4 gb ram
2.27 gh cpu
ati mobility radeon hd 5145 graphic card.

plz reply to me as soon as u can ,any help is appreciated.
take care everyone.

Last edited:
Solution
It seems like you've already taken several steps to troubleshoot the freezing issue on your Vaio laptop. Here are some additional suggestions to try and narrow down the cause of the problem:
1. Check for Overheating: Overheating can cause performance issues and freezing. Ensure that your laptop's vents are clear of dust and debris. You can also try using a cooling pad to see if it helps with the freezing.
2. Update Drivers: Apart from the video card, make sure that all your drivers are up to date, especially the chipset drivers.
3. Check Event Viewer: Check the Windows Event Viewer for any error messages or warnings around the times when the freezing occurs. This may provide clues about what is causing the freezing.
It seems like you've already taken several steps to troubleshoot the freezing issue on your Vaio laptop. Here are some additional suggestions to try and narrow down the cause of the problem:
1. Check for Overheating: Overheating can cause performance issues and freezing. Ensure that your laptop's vents are clear of dust and debris. You can also try using a cooling pad to see if it helps with the freezing.
2. Update Drivers: Apart from the video card, make sure that all your drivers are up to date, especially the chipset drivers.
3. Check Event Viewer: Check the Windows Event Viewer for any error messages or warnings around the times when the freezing occurs. This may provide clues about what is causing the freezing.
4. Disable Hardware Acceleration: In some cases, hardware acceleration can cause playback issues. Try disabling hardware acceleration in your web browser and media players to see if it helps.
5. Test in Safe Mode: Boot your laptop into Safe Mode and see if the freezing issue persists. This can help determine if the issue is related to third-party software or drivers.
6. Monitor System Resources: Use Task Manager to monitor CPU, memory, and disk usage while playing videos. High resource usage could be causing the freezes.
7. Check for Background Processes: Make sure there are no unnecessary background processes running that could be impacting performance.
8. Uninstall BitLord 2.0: Since you suspect BitLord 2.0 might be causing the issue, try uninstalling it and see if the freezing improves.
9. Update Software: Ensure all your software is up to date, including Windows updates and any other software you frequently use.
10. Consider a System Restore: If the issue started recently, you might consider performing a system restore to a point where the freezing issue was not present.
By following these steps, you might be able to pinpoint the exact cause of the freezing issue on your Vaio laptop. Good luck, and I hope these suggestions help resolve the problem!

Solution
Back