Windows 10 Disabled Intel GPU

Miketang1991

Hi

I disabled the Integrated Intel GPU from "Device Manager" and so now my monitor (TV) doesn't show anything

How can I turn it back on? (since my TV (which I use as the monitor) doesn't show anything

I have Windows 10 Dell computer. And I've tried spamming F4 and F8 while turning on computer but it doesn't go into "safe mode" (like how windows XP computers used to)

Did they change it so there is another way to enter safe mode (so I can turn the integrated Intel GPU back on)?

I also have an nvidia gpu that is still enabled (but it doesn't use it)
Thanks

Here are a few ways to enter Safe Mode on boot on Win10:
You will need probably the method described on paragraph 2.
I also have an integrated Intel display card and an Nvidia card. There is no need to disable the integrated card in order to force the computer to use the Nvidia one. When playing games, the computer will use automatically the Nvidia card.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Hi

I disabled the Integrated Intel GPU from "Device Manager" and so now my monitor (TV) doesn't show anything

How can I turn it back on? (since my TV (which I use as the monitor) doesn't show anything

I have Windows 10 Dell computer. And I've tried spamming F4 and F8 while turning on computer but it doesn't go into "safe mode" (like how windows XP computers used to)

Did they change it so there is another way to enter safe mode (so I can turn the integrated Intel GPU back on)?

I also have an nvidia gpu that is still enabled (but it doesn't use it)
Thanks
Boot back into the bios to re-enable the onboard gpu. Usually that means pressing either delete or F2 and even tho the gpu is disabled you should still be able to see the bios.

Boot back into the bios to re-enable the onboard gpu. Usually that means pressing either delete or F2 and even tho the gpu is disabled you should still be able to see the bios.
Spam press delete or F2 as soon as I turn on the computer?

I heard that they changed it in Windows 10 so that spam pressing F8 or F4 wouldn't work

Spam press delete or F2 as soon as I turn on the computer?

I heard that they changed it in Windows 10 so that spam pressing F8 or F4 wouldn't work
This is to enter the Bios setup and depends on your motherboard manufacturer, not on the operating system. That's why you should press Del or F2 repeatedly during the boot sequence and before the operating system starts to load. What computer do you have? Is it a laptop or desktop? If desktop, do you know the model of its motherboard? If laptop, what model and manufacturer?

This is to enter the Bios setup and depends on your motherboard manufacturer, not on the operating system. That's why you should press Del or F2 repeatedly during the boot sequence and before the operating system starts to load. What computer do you have? Is it a laptop or desktop? If desktop, do you know the model of its motherboard? If laptop, what model and manufacturer?

Thanks

I spam press F2 right after turning on computer but it still doesn't show anything on the screen

Will entering BIOS mode allow me to see the screen even tho the integrated intel GPU is disabled?

I spam press F2 right after turning on computer but it still doesn't show anything on the screen

Will entering BIOS mode allow me to see the screen even tho the integrated intel GPU is disabled?
First of all, it is not sure if you should press F2 or Del. If one of them doesn't work, then try the same process with the other button. And yes, if you press the right button, then the bios setup will show regardless if the display card is enabled or not.
If you still can't access the bios setup, then try my recommendation to enter safe mode. If you would provide us the model of your computer/motherboard, we would be able to find on the internet the right key combination to enter bios setup.

Also if you have fast boot enabled it might take a few goes to actually get into the bios but delete key is probably the one you need.

Back