Windows 8 Discover this, yet??

Drew

Banned
Did y'all know (?), if, you snap an App to the right, whilst on Desktop, then, widen the App to the right a little, still have Desktop... if, you take it further (& clk), all the active Taskbar windows plant themselves on a left-hand panel & can be manipulated there, while the App now uses the greater amount of real estate on the screen.

Cheers,
Drew

Well, yes. I recall now seeing that a while back. Can I add this to it then? this particular aspect isn't really there

Or would you like to add it?

They don't exactly disappear, the desktop things. They go on a panel... can see them & do things w/ them (there) while the App is big

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, well, here's another...

Esc will give Desktop. Hit it once or twice > Desktop.

Win Key > Start
Esc Key > Desktop

Cheers,
Drew

I can't seem to be able to edit my own entries so I'll have to add (here), that I have lots more tips you might, also, like :)

They are a Sticky in here somewhere. Tutorials, if I'm mistaken.

Cheers,
Drew
201672.jpg

I remember when I first figured the snap feature out, my view on Windows 8 was instantly changed for the greater good :)

Lots of cool tricks in Windows 8. I think that's one of the fascinations with it for me. Always in discovery mode.

Been countless times someone is citing "having to run APPs Full Screen" as a negative, even though it is , indeed, actually not necessary to run them Full Screen or even, only 1 @ a time. The irony is people complain about needing 1366x768 for Snap to work. Yet, when they do have that, they don't use Snap. Take away here is - 'If you can use it, use it.' :) It is there for a good reason; reason is the good it offers you.

Cheers,
Drew
201672.jpg

Back