Windows 7 Display Driver Crashes in Normal Windows Mode

sohawar

Everything was working great for almost 6 months but 3 weeks before while my pc was idle suddenly some graphic display glitches came up and my keyboard and mouse froze up, so I had to do a hard reset by pressing the power button.

There used to be GSOD when windows login screen comes up.

If I boot in safe mode I can use the device manager to uninstall the AMD 7800 driver which replaces it with the stock "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" drivers, then reboot in normal mode and everything works.

After 2 to 3 days, everythings went back to normal and I was able to install the display drivers. So after 1 week passes, suddenly the GSOD came back randomly. It randomly appears on screen sometimes after 7 hours or somestimes 4h etc. Everytime the keyboard and mouse didn't responded and i had to do hard reset.

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/1897/8mac.jpg

Now from the last 3 to 4 days, I can't even get into windows normal mode. After the windows logo loading screen, nothing appears, the screen just goto black as normal (As if it trying to load the windows) and again I have to do a hard reset.

I only get the crashes if I Install Display Driver and let the system reboot.

I tried the different card (Nvidia 7300GT) but same problem. Only happens when I install display driver and let the system restart.

Temperatures are normal as well. So far I've disabled the display driver from device manager and using the standard one without any issues.

Things I tried:

Fresh install of Windows 7 twice
Driver Sweeper and re-installing different versions of catalyst like 12.11 and 13.4
Updating the BIOS and Downgrading the BIOS
Loading Default BIOS Settings
Changing the cables (Right Now Using DVI to HDMI, also tried VGA to VGA)
Replacing the RAMS one by one
Memory Checks with no errors
Placing the Card in different PCI slots
Disconnecting harddrives and installing windows in both harddrives, just to check the drives seperately
Installing Chipset and updating the drivers

Please help me out, I'm clueless now Thanks

My System:

1)ASUS p6x58d-e

2)Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950

3)CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 (9 9 9 24, 1.5v)

4)CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS

5)Cooler Master V8 (CPU COOLER)

6)HIS ATI HD 7850 2048MB - 256BIT - GDDR 5

Back