Windows 7 display driver stopped responding and has recovered

xrayk91000

Can anyone help me with this problem, appreciated.

everytime i tried to open any 3d game, it runs. but after 5 seconds or so, it freeze for a few seconds, then play for another few econds, then it freezes again, then play, then freeze, then play, etc, each freezes lasts longer and eventually the game crashes. this problem made no 3d game playable on my laptop, but youtube, flash, and etc doesnt seem to crash.

nb: the notification "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" appears everytime the game freezes

Hi

If you haven't done so update your display driver.
Go to the web site for the manufacturer of your display card and look for latest driver.

If you have done so, then roll back your display driver.

Basically you just want to force it to re-install your display driver which will probably solve the problem.

If you do have to roll back the driver, you do it by going to Control Panel, System, Device Manager, select your Display Device, and then Properties.

Click on the Driver tab and select Roll Back Driver.

If this doesn't fix it come back and we'll try something else, but I would bet that this will do it.

Also download and run CCleaner, Malwarebytes free version, and Defraggler.

CCleaner - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Defraggler - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

The first time you run Defraggler pick a time when you won't be using the computer for a while, after that select defrag files and it will only take a few minutes.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom