Windows 10 Display issue window 10 upgrade

lsjkghasfdljnb

I upgraded to win 10 today and was greeted with a black screen with no mouse. I thought it had to be a display issue so plugged in an hdmi into my tv. Bam it works. Problem is that now I cant get it to display on my laptop screen. Its impractical to have it diplay on my tv. I need help transferring the image to my computer screen. Thanks for the help

Hi,
try googling for the laptops support page. If you can't find it post the make and model (full details please) and we will look for you. Once found try either updating the gpu driver or re-installing it. Do use the version found on the support page first tho'.

I have no idea if this will help, but I too recently updated an unused Windows 7 laptop to 10. Upgrade went fine and I'm getting to like it. (Not really that different from 8.1). But I noticed that the upgrade reset several of my prior settings. For instance the TouchPad would no longer scroll. No it was not a driver issue. The upgrade had reset the TouchPad settings and the scroll option was unselected. Several other similar issues. It uninstalled my Classic shell start button. Yet I reinstalled it and it works fine. Etc.

So, before looking for driver issues you may want to use whatever F-key you use (F-7?) to switch display from laptop to external screen. Maybe the update changed that setting and switching it back may fix things.

Just a thought.
(hi kemical...... )

Back