Windows 7 Display problems with Belkin Hi-Speed USB Dockstation

YogiEdwards

I am attempting to dock an Acer Aspire 5723Z laptop running Windows 7 64-bit into the Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Dockstation Model # FSU216 which the supplier provided with the laptop as being compatible.

When the devices are connected, the (Edge10 GB19XX) monitor display switches off when I close the laptop. The screen resolution does not always readjust.

In Devices in Control Panel under Unspecified it says IEEE-1284 controller USB hub – ‘Needs troubleshooting’.
If I right click and click ‘troubleshoot’ it says the driver is not installed. When I click ‘apply this fix’ it tells me the driver was not successfully installed. If I click ‘skip this fix’ and then ‘view solution’ it says ‘a solution is not available for this problem.’
When I originally attempted to install the drivers from the disk I got an error message that it did not have permission to copy a particular file. I tried to uninstall the device a number of times. Each time I went back though control panel afterwards, it asked me again whether I wanted to uninstall the device, which implied that it had not been successfully uninstalled the previous time.

Belkin claim they don’t have drivers for Windows 7 64-bit - only for Vista 32-bit.

Does anyone know a way to get these devices interoperating so that the display works properly?

If not, does anyone know of a docking station which will work OK with this laptop/OS?

Regards Keith

Back
Top Bottom