Windows 7 Does my laptop support touch?

Xinnax

I was checking my system specs, and came over something that said like:
''Pen and touch: Touch input with 20 touchpoints''
This was translated from norwegian, and may not be 100% accurate.

Any help appreciated!

Uh, english please?
EDIT: Someone anwsered in another language, then deleted it.
Don't think I'm crazy.

Last edited:
If it's pen and touch, it should be pen and touch.

Problems?

Give specs.

Okay, whenever I touch my screen, nothing happens.

My manufacturer didn't even say a single thing about touch. Not even in my manual.

It's an ASUS A55A-SX069V.
Do you need any further info?

That seems to be a high end model that is only marketed in the nordic countries. I can't read the reviews but suspect that it has no touch capability.

Yeah, I've searched for it, and found nothing more than the shop I bought it from.

Wierd. Well, thanks for the help.

I called my "usual provider" here in Finland, and they told me that the Touch function is very rare, and doesn't concern that model. The function will become more available once Windows 8 conquers terrain, and hardware makers take it on their list. However, I suggest you contact your seller, because models and qualities vary from country to country - you never know when you get the peak, do you?

Cheerio.

Okay, I bought it from Netonnet Norway. Their description does not say anything about touch, nor does ASUS.
However, when I ran the Win8 Upgrade Assistant, it said ''The touch screen is not made for Windows 8. You can still use this touch screen with Windows 8, but it won't be as fast, and movements won't be as precise as a touch screen made for Windows 8''.

Okay, I bought it from Netonnet Norway. Their description does not say anything about touch, nor does ASUS.
However, when I ran the Win8 Upgrade Assistant, it said ''The touch screen is not made for Windows 8. You can still use this touch screen with Windows 8, but it won't be as fast, and movements won't be as precise as a touch screen made for Windows 8''.
That's probably the most likely truth. Once again, we live in a borderland, where old specs and qualities mingle with new ones. Like hopping from one USB to the next... I would still say that the Win8 Upgrade Assistant gives you hope, considering touch - sounds like you may get an upgrade, firmware, BIOS, Windows, the whole pack. Everything may be different in three months?

Cheerio, best of all m8,

Titanic / Pauli

Back