Windows 10 Download Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10162 ISO

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10162 32-bit and 64-bit ISO

DOWNLOAD LINK

The use of the Windows 10 pre-release Insider Program operating system is governed by Microsoft's END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT. You may not be able to activate the preview build of Windows 10, and no license keys can be provided. However, if you are already a member of the Insider Program and upgrade from within Build 10130, Build 10158, or Build 10159, by extracting the ISO file using a tool like WinRAR or 7zip, this will work.

This ISO file distribution is mainly designed for our members and technical experts. For more information, including hardware requirements, as well as how to join the Microsoft Windows Insider Program, please visit:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-faq-right-for-me-pc

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS FILE AND DO NOT RUN IT IN A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT.

Last edited:
You will need to activate the above build. The key is here:

Windows 10 Pro
8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV

This key situation is interesting. The 10159 .iso still shows the same key as was used before. If this new key is necessary to activate a clean install, which I have not tested, what might that mean as far as the final release?

Hi,
We are changing the product keys that are used in the Insider Preview, beginning with Build 10158.
If you do a build-to-build upgrade through Windows Update, we were not expecting anyone would need to enter a product key. But if you are prompted for a product key on Build 10158 or a later build, the new keys are:

For Windows 10 Insider Preview Home Editions: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3

For Windows 10 Insider Preview Pro Editions: 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV

For Windows 10 Insider Preview Enterprise Editions: CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K

ISO files only become available once a build is released to the Slow setting. So the product key listed on the ISO download page at this time is still for Build 10130. Once Build 10158 is released to the Slow setting and the new ISO files become available, the product keys listed on the download page will be updated.

It should also be noted that beginning in Build 10158, clean installs of Windows 10 Insider Preview will prompt you to enter the appropriate product key during setup to activate Windows.

Source: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ew-build/8596c6dc-bdb4-4e33-b6eb-bc02e8f165c1

Wow I fall asleep 30mins and they release a new build..Wow!

It took'em a while to get rolling but now it seems they're really dropping them fast.
And I wonder, how many are left and if any might turn out to be turkeys.

Maybe after the got they build with 300 fixes included, they can concentrate more on specific items showing up in the later builds.

Such things such as Cortana not allowing sleep, Mail crashing, Video Blue Screens along with other situations pertinent to specific systems.

Edit: Of course they still may be just checking their servers and adjusting the multiple source download scenario.

The fact that I can at least now (since 10159) bypass the lock screen using the Group Policy Editor and the damn Start Button actually works in Safe Mode, in my mind at least, marks a serious improvement over what has come before.

So down to the point...

Am i able to UPDATE my current version 10130 to 10162 Using the ISO Provided?

Hello Pedro and welcome to the forum.
The answer is yes. You should be able to right click the ISO and choose "mount" and run setup.exe from there, within 10130.
It is a major operating system upgrade, so you may want to backup / system image before proceeding.
Up to you.... and good luck.

I have a question, if anyone has a positive answer.

I have gone back to the Slow ring. Two downloads in two days, with my lousy connection, was too much to handle.
But. I understand 0162 is now ion the fast ring. Going back to the very original comments, this means that this build may have several bugs and problems. Know Aul, says that it will be available on the slow ring sometime next week. On the safe ring the offers are allegedly more bug free. Does this mean that the "Safe" download" although it has the same specs and size, is different from the "Fast"?

I have a question, if anyone has a positive answer.

I have gone back to the Slow ring. Two downloads in two days, with my lousy connection, was too much to handle.
But. I understand 0162 is now ion the fast ring. Going back to the very original comments, this means that this build may have several bugs and problems. Know Aul, says that it will be available on the slow ring sometime next week. On the safe ring the offers are allegedly more bug free. Does this mean that the "Safe" download" although it has the same specs and size, is different from the "Fast"?
Builds that are on the slow ring generally have been more quality assurance tested than builds on the fast ring. According to the Windows Blog, they released 10162 to the fast ring with some indication that they would be able to move it to the slow ring next week. This makes me think they are probably testing the feedback from the slow ring with that from the fast ring, to determine. If its a bad build they would update the fast ring and never put it in the slow ring. Because they are edging closer to the RTM, they seem to be releasing builds in rapid succession. So in this specific instance, 10160 is probably, and I do say probably, more stable than what is on the slow ring right now.

How did you guys managed to activate windows?

I used the ISO for the build 10162,and it won't let me Activate at all!

Technician Helped me fix it.

open command prompt (admin) 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV
type slmgr /rearm
and restart the computer

open command prompt (admin)
type net start sppsvc

try entering the product key and ativating..
if previous step doesn't work try phone activation

I also had problems with the activation in bulid 10162 and just resolved making the call: using the prompt as adm: Win+R and the command: slui.exe 4

As Mike said, that was the publicised key for the build. No reason at all why it should not have worked. - Mysterious?? Did you put that key in at the start of the installation, and it was, presumably, then accepted, so you could carry on with the install

Back
Top Bottom