Windows 7 Driver help for HP Scanjet 3330 when upgrading to Win 7

TKR99

I remember back when Windows 7 first came out and I got to try out the beta running into my first and much more important driver problem - my (rather ancient C-media) soundcard just would not work and I couldn't get drivers for it for Windows 7 at that time. Somewhere along the way I came across a little program called Driver Max which said it could be used to migrate drivers from one machine or indeed an OS to another so gave it a try. I'm SO glad I did because not only did it immediately solve my soundcard issue, I've since used it as well for this scanner for the same reason - while I could get the scanner installed of sorts it would never run endlessly throwing up error msgs, so the only way of scanning was to go into Devices & doubleclick on it there - not very satisfactory as you can imagine.

With Driver Max ideally you need a dual boot system or else ensure that before you fully upgrade to Windows 7 you backup ALL of your important drivers esp for older hardware. Once backed up, install DM in Windows 7 and do a selective restore on those items of hardware you're having problems with. Restart the system and you should be sorted. It's worked for me every time and as I said, I'm so indebted to whoever or whereever I first heard of it. The one time I forgot to try it again after a recent reinstall of Windows 7 I ended up wasting hours upon hours trawling the net vainly trying to find some info on this particular scanner that would enable me to get back to where I had been with it before - working through Picasa without problems.

You can download DM though any reputable online download site, esp C-Net.

Hmm - will have to investigate that one too perhaps. I never heard of it elsewhere when trying to get info on how to fix the problem, which is the only reason I mention the DM. You don't *need* a dual boot system but it does help if for any reason you don't migrate settings before you upgrade, and also I'm aiming this primarily at those who want to be able to use the 3330 within another program like Picasa etc, where I presume VueScan is another separate scanning program? I'll have to have a look at it sometime as you may be right and perhaps it's an even better solution. I just found while trawling the net before, that there are very few actual solutions to the problem of using this particular older scanner within Win 7, & ultimately the more possible solutions available to those with it, the better IMHO :D.

Appreciate your info tho!

Back
Top Bottom