Windows 10 Dual booting on windows 10

Benji13

*I am not sure if this is the right spot for this*

Hello. I have a laptop with an SSD and a hard drive. I already have windows 10 installed on the ssd and I want windows XP on there as well.

First of all, how much space does windows XP need? I have about 100gb of space on the ssd for XP. Is this enough?

Second, how do I install a second operating system so that they both work and so that I can select which one I want each time I boot. Or, better yet, can I make it so that it will automatically boot into windows 10 unless I press a certain key during startup?

Thanks. Can you please put everything in detailed step by step instructions (if you need to)? I am very new to this. Thanks again,
Benji13.

step 1 is set your laptop on fire and get it over with because XP will NOT work on modern systems designed to run wx and will not play nice with wx as a dual boot.

you can have a V-xp running inside hyper-v on your wx laptop or if you need the grapthics (like for games) then I'd use vmware workstation but good luck finding a G-driver that XP likes... give us your system specs and we can help you look?

Windows XP has no support for SSDs and it will greatly degrade the health of the SSD and requires heavy tweaking to get XP to work well on an SSD. You'd be much better off running XP in a VM with VirtualBox or VMware player.

Windows XP has no support for SSDs and it will greatly degrade the health of the SSD and requires heavy tweaking to get XP to work well on an SSD. You'd be much better off running XP in a VM with VirtualBox or VMware player.

I also have a 500gb hdd on my laptop. Would it work like normal on that drive?

step 1 is set your laptop on fire and get it over with because XP will NOT work on modern systems designed to run wx and will not play nice with wx as a dual boot.

you can have a V-xp running inside hyper-v on your wx laptop or if you need the grapthics (like for games) then I'd use vmware workstation but good luck finding a G-driver that XP likes... give us your system specs and we can help you look?

I have an [email protected], 16gb ram and an Nvidia GTX 960m. I don't plan on using it for any games. It would just be for messing around with.

Back
Top Bottom