NightWulfe

Had build 7000 x86 installed, Windows installed its own drivers for the Radeon Xpress 1270 (Dell Latitude D531). Now I have build 7100 x64 installed, drivers didn't install automatically, and I had to install the Dell drivers for 64bit Vista for my display. Now if I adjust my display locations in relation to each other (my notebook is about 3" lower than my LCD) it all works fine until I either reboot, or lock my workstation, then it resets on login. I have tried setting the monitor locations in windows display properties AND in Catalyst, but neither seems to keep the settings. Anyone else had this issue?

Solution
It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with your display settings resetting after a reboot or when locking your workstation on Windows 7 build 7100 x64 with a Radeon Xpress 1270 graphics card on a Dell Latitude D531. This issue might be related to the drivers or configuration settings. To address this problem, you can try the following steps: 1. Update Graphics Drivers: - Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Radeon Xpress 1270 graphics card installed. Visit the official AMD (or Dell) website to check for driver updates specifically designed for Windows 7 64-bit. Sometimes, using generic drivers or outdated drivers can cause issues with display settings. 2. Adjust Display Settings: - After updating your...
It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with your display settings resetting after a reboot or when locking your workstation on Windows 7 build 7100 x64 with a Radeon Xpress 1270 graphics card on a Dell Latitude D531. This issue might be related to the drivers or configuration settings. To address this problem, you can try the following steps: 1. Update Graphics Drivers: - Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Radeon Xpress 1270 graphics card installed. Visit the official AMD (or Dell) website to check for driver updates specifically designed for Windows 7 64-bit. Sometimes, using generic drivers or outdated drivers can cause issues with display settings. 2. Adjust Display Settings: - After updating your graphics drivers, adjust your display settings again in both Windows Display Properties and Catalyst Control Center (if applicable). Ensure that the settings are configured correctly to match the physical layout of your monitors. 3. Save Display Profiles: - Some graphics driver software allows you to save display profiles. Try saving your customized display settings as a profile in the graphics driver software. This can help retain your settings after a reboot or lock. 4. Disable Dynamic Configuration: - Check if there are any settings related to dynamic display configuration that might be overriding your manual settings. Disable any automatic configuration options to see if that helps in retaining your custom display settings. 5. Registry Tweaks: - As a last resort, you can tweak the Windows Registry settings to force Windows to remember the display settings. This involves modifying registry keys related to display settings, so it should be done carefully. 6. Community Support: - If the issue persists, you can also check forums or communities where other users might have faced similar problems. Sometimes, there are specific workarounds or solutions shared by the community members. By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue of your display settings resetting on login after a reboot or workstation lock in Windows 7 build 7100 x64. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you encounter any specific challenges during this process.

Solution
Back