Windows 7 DVD/CD dirves just stopped working??

OverSight

First post so I hope you guys can help! I have 2 Atapi DVD A DH20A4H ATA drives and at first everything was great. Installed no problem. After a month or so WIN7 stop recognizing them. They are found in Device Manager with a yellow mark. Ive tried upgrading firmware but it just says its not detected. Im no install beginner but this has me at wits end!!

First post so I hope you guys can help! I have 2 Atapi DVD A DH20A4H ATA drives and at first everything was great. Installed no problem. After a month or so WIN7 stop recognizing them. They are found in Device Manager with a yellow mark. Ive tried upgrading firmware but it just says its not detected. Im no install beginner but this has me at wits end!!
bro , same happened to me, formerly i am using windows vista home premium on toshiba a300 laptop, with MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-8505 ATA device, it says driver is updated but it cant read a blank dvd even the one i used to burn the iso file to install windows7 itself, have you got any trouble shooting advice now please share regards.

I actually did some searching around and found this link that worked like a charm:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I did both the fixes to make sure. Rebooted and viola drives are back :D . It has to do with some of the checks windows does. Hope it works for u as well

Back
Top Bottom