Windows 7 Email Client Error Message

My last word too.
Andrea is clueless.

I use Instantbird which is an instant messenger. But of course it is not Outlook Express or a clone of it. An instant messenger is nothing like Outlook Express which is-THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE.

And it is for sure that if you tried Outlook Express or a clone of it. YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE IT EITHER. Andrea Borman.

And it is for sure that if you tried Outlook Express or a clone of it. YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE IT EITHER. Andrea Borman.
What!?!!?
I use Thunderbird daily to access my 4 email accounts both receive and send.
I use it to access 2 gmail accounts and my Go Daddy domain email account and my ISP email account.
Setup was a snap and the required incoming and outgoing info was easily obtained.
As a matter of fact Thunderbird uses a wizard to simplify the process.
I also have Live Mail installed an it works fine also.
You are wrong plain and simple.
I and millions of other mail client users use these great programs daily.
You are living in a fantasy world.
How much more plain can I be.
You are wrong.

Last edited:
Well,when I tried Thunderbird some months ago it did not even recognize my G.Mail address and password. It said it was an invalid email address and password, and it said that when I entered my other G.Mail addresses that I have.

Which is rubbish because I sign into my G.Mail accounts every day and use them all the time and they all ARE valid. And then of course Thunderbird like Outlook Express asked for my incoming and outgoing http. or POP server. And I did not know that.But then it is a clone of Outlook Express. So what do you expect?

So I uninstalled Thunderbird. But Because I have got Windows 7,I am lucky because,Windows 7 is not bundled with Outlook Express or Windows Mail.

Windows XP and Windows Vista users are not so lucky. As Outlook Express is bundled with Windows XP. And Windows Mail is bundled with Windows Vista,so it cannot be uninstalled in programs menu. Unless you delete the file in programs on C/drive like I did with IE.

And if I did have Windows XP or Windows Vista, I would certainly get rid of Outlook Express and Windows Mail.

But on Windows 7 there is no email client bundled with Windows. So you don't get Windows Live Mail which is another clone of Outlook Express for Windows 7 and all other editions of Windows.Unless you want to install it.

Windows XP and Windows Vista users can also install Windows Live Mail,not that you would want to. Because like all of the other clones of Outlook Express, you cannot use it.

And even on Linux they have Thunderbird, but the Linux version of Thunderbird works exactly the same as the Windows one and Outlook Express. Yes,they have got the Outlook Express clones on Linux too. So Linux users won't be able to use that email either.

And there are some new email clients-Spicebird but alas-it is another clone of Outlook Express,so you cannot use it. Thunderbird,SeaMonkey Mail,Windows Live Mail, and others,are modeled on Outlook Express and based on it. So if you cannot use Outlook Express, you won't be able to use those type of email clients.

But what is wrong with logging into your G.Mail or Yahoo Mail account on the web? You can send emails to anyone from there and even have email forward to your G.Mail account from your other accounts,Hotmail,Aol and others.

And at least normal email works. Outlook Express and clones don't work.

So the reality is that Outlook Express and it's clones are THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE. Andrea Borman.

But it's true that I and the other people I have asked, who are more of an expert at computers really can't use those emails, Outlook Express and it's clones. So THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE is a good name for it. Don't you think?

Actually I think it is quite funny that no matter how hard I try to use that email I cannot. And when other people I have asked to help me have looked on the web, and typed in the http. and POP address for G.Mail and Hotmail. But still I and other people cannot get that email,up and running.

We just cannot get it to work. And even when I went back to the Internet cafe that had Outlook Express and asked the shop keeper,he did not know what the incoming or outgoing http. or POP server was either.

So it is not just me that cannot use that type of email,other people have the same problem. All of those emails Outlook Express,Windows Mail,Windows Live Mail,Thunderbird,SeaMonkey Mail and others. Which are based on Outlook Express and are copies of it-clones. As they all have the same system.

But if they just had a system like the chat messengers,where you just create an account with a user name and password. And then you just signed in with that. And there was no,having to enter your http. or POP server then I and everyone else would be able to use that email.

But Outlook Express and it's clones don't have that system. Instead they do ask you to enter your incoming and outgoing http. or POP server and nobody knows that. And I do not know that either.

But as I said I find it very funny that no matter how hard I and other people try to use Outlook Express and clones,I and other people cannot use it. So it's new name -THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE-does make me laugh. I have not laughed so much in ages as I have this week.

It is very funny that an email client can be so bad you cannot use it,it is actually funny. That no matter what information,you type into it about your server. It rejects it and does not let you set it up to use it.

But my advice is to forget Outlook Express and clones and use normal email or Instantbird. As this is THE EMAIL THAT EVERYBODY CAN USE.

Because with Outlook Express and clones,no matter how many hours or even days you sit at your computer, trying to figure out how to use it-YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE IT.

So it is true that Outlook Express and it's clones are-THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE. So the only outcome will be that you won't be able to use it. It does not work.

But you WILL be able to use normal email,Hotmail,G.Mail and Instantbird and other chat messengers. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
Andrea, What you just said is nonsense. My eight year old grandson just set up his email account on Outlook Express. His mother bought him a used computer with Windows XP. If he can do it, that should show you that it is not hard and works just fine. As I have told you before I used it until 2005 before switching to Microsoft Office. Again I had no complaints and did not find it difficult to set up. When I first starting using it, you had to set it up manually. Once I understood what was needed I had no problem.

Just to let you know also it is not http. I hope got this right but it should be smtp and pop (pop3). Someone correct me if I did not get that right.

Last edited:
Well,I don't know how you got that email working. Even when my bank manager had to email another office she told me that she cannot use that email. Outlook Express and the others like that. And so she had to use normal email.

And as an office worker she sits behind a computer most of the time. So it is not just me that cannot use it. It is other people as well that can't. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
Andrea, What you just said is nonsense. My eight year old grandson just set up his email account on Outlook Express. His mother bought him a used computer with Windows XP. If he can do it, that should show you that it is not hard and works just fine. As I have told you before I used it until 2005 before switching to Microsoft Office. Again I had no complaints and did not find it difficult to set up. When I first starting using it, you had to set it up manually. Once I understood what was needed I had no problem.

Just to let you know also it is not http. I hope got this right but it should be smtp and pop (pop3). Someone correct me if I did not get that right.
You got it right.
Pop3 (or simply pop) stands for Post Office Protocol and is the protocol used for transferring mail to an email client.
A web based email account uses Pop3 to transfer emails to a computer's email client programs.
SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol and is used in a client setting to send emails.
Both protocols utilize servers and the server data required is easily obtained.

Gmail uses pop.gmail.com on port 995 as it's incoming pop3 server and the outgoing smtp server is smtp.gmail.com on port 587 or 465 depending on the client used.
Thunderbird 3.1 uses a wizard that really only requires the user input their display name, email address and password.
It defaults to IMAP but can be edited in the wizard to POP3.
The above server settings are the appropriate settings for POP3.
with port 995 SSL\TLS for pop.gmail.com and port 465 SSL\TLS for smtp.gmail.com

With hotmail it is even easier since hotmail doesn't offer IMAP.
The wizard selects the correct settings by default.

I've found this wizards even correctly sets up my ISP account as well as my GoDaddy domain's account.

All this requires minimal effort on the part of the user.

As you stated an 8 year old ca do it.

Andrea says that the server info isn't available but it is readily available.
If the account is provided by an ISP or domain seller like GoDaddy then a search of their web sites will provide info for setting up a local account.
For the truly lazy, LOL a quick, usually free phone call to your ISP's or GoDaddy's help desk will often result in them walking you through the process.
Gmail and Hotmail has info on their respective web sites.

The above is valid info not misinformation, something I'm sure Andrea cannot appreciate.

Andrea, as to your bank manager not knowing how to setup and use an email client that doesn't surprise me since many office workers aren't particularity computer savvy.
They often depend heavily on the IT department for things like this.
As a matter of fact and if her organization allows it a simple call to the IT department would have her up and running in no time.
Actually she probably has an email client like the old Lotus notes or Outlook already setup.

We get it Andrea, setting up a mail client is beyond tour very limited abilities but to constantly harp about local email clients being programs nobody can use is absurd.
The fact is that millions of computer users use these programs all the time.
This is fact not opinion or conjecture do you understand?
FACT.

Last edited:
I think this thread could be usefully closed. It is going nowhere. In view of the date of origin, I would guess the OP has been succesful. The remainder is becoming nonsense

Agreed Dave, close it, please.
The only nonsense is from one individual and there is no reasoning with her.

Last edited:
In the 1970s you could get an office job just by being able to type as they did not expect a typist or office girl to use a computer.

Now it is different because they don't use typewriters in offices anymore they use computers. Although you can still buy typewriters in shops. And as well as being able to use a computer,you must be able to type very fast on the computer keyboard.

I can only do two finger typing and looking at the keyboard like I am typing now. So I would not get into an office.

But I am surprised that an office worker does not know how to use that email. Well,I should not be- It is- THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE-remember.

But you are right a lot of offices don't make the best of their computers. They use older operating systems like Windows 95 or 98 and Windows 2000 with IE6. Because they cannot be bothered to upgrade their software. Even though it costs nothing.

It is a wonder that they can get any work done at all. Andrea Borman.

I've just popped over from the Dark Side ( Linux Mint Forums • Index page) to let you know that you aren't alone in dealing with Andrea.

In fact, she linked me to this thread to prove that she was right about Thunderbird etc. being difficult to use.

She's either a troll, or she's terminally stupid.
Thank you Rob and welcome.
Whew, I thought she was just our problem!
BTW, like your forum.
I'm a Linux user as well (see my sig) and have Mint 10 installed on an external drive.

I've just popped over from the Dark Side ( Linux Mint Forums • Index page) to let you know that you aren't alone in dealing with Andrea.

In fact, she linked me to this thread to prove that she was right about Thunderbird etc. being difficult to use.

She's either a troll, or she's terminally stupid.

Hi Rob. I know you from Linux Mint Forums,where I never found out how to get rid of my Linux password that Linux forces you to have.

But they don't do that here on Windows. On Windows you don't have to have a password if you don't want one. So of course I don't.

And by the way,welcome to Windows. If you have got Windows 7,you will find it much better and nicer than Linux. And if you have got Windows XP or Windows Vista,you will find that better than Linux too.

Windows is more user friendly and better than Linux. Andrea Borman.

Actually, I don't use Windows at all apart from gaming.

The reason you can't get rid of the passwords is because it's not safe to get rid of the passwords - it's one of the reasons Windows has a lot more security problems than Linux.

But, I've explained this all to you several times on other sites and it still hasn't sunk in.

How you haven't been banned from the sites you post your nonsense on is beyond me.

But there are no security holes in Windows. Most people love Windows and it is used all over the world. More than Linux.

But I am not a computer expert. When you buy a computer they don't show you how to use it in the shop. They just sell you the computer and you are on your own.

So I use the control panel in and Windows search. And the rest of learning how to use the computer. Well,I make it up as I go along.

But Windows is so user friendly,even a child can use it.

Linux,well,that's different. It's not very user friendly or easy to use. In fact Linux is difficult to use. Andrea Borman.

But what about on Linux? Do you suppose there are no security holes there and that you can never get a virus on Linux? I don't think so. I think you can get a virus anywhere if you are unlucky and visit the wrong website on Linux or Windows.

Just because you are on Linux does not mean that you will never get a virus. You could get a virus on Linux or Windows.

But then we have got Windows Defender on Windows and Malicious Software Removal Tool-MRT,as well as Windows Firewall.

But they have not got this on Linux have they?

And the way the system is on Linux,you know.If the software you want is not in the package manager you can't have it. Then if is a spyware scanning and protection tool for Linux.

Chances are it is not in the package manager and you cannot download it from the web. As trying to download software from the Internet on Linux is not the same as downloading software on Windows. On Linux most times if you download software from the web, it won't install.

Well you know the system of Linux. If it's not in the package manager,you can't have it. So if there is no spyware protection software listed in the package manager,you won't be able to install it.

So you are probably safer on Windows than what you are on Linux. And Windows is not riddled with viruses like Linux users think.
Andrea Borman.

Back