Windows 7 Enable Hardware Virtualization

borate

It seems I recall there was a setting for hardware virtualization in the BIOS but when I upgraded the BIOS that setting is no longer seen. This Asus P8P67LE is supposed to have it built in, according to a Windows article, but XP mode reports that it's no longer enabled.

There is a hotfix that allegedly will run XP mode, but not as well as true virtualization via the BIOS. Anyone have a clue on where it was enabled in the old BIOS version, which I tried to reinstall but it didn't take. No change was made; the new BIOS remains.

Does your CPU support virtualization? The hardware virtualization setting in BIOS is located in Advanced mode->Advanced tab->CPU Configuration-> Intel Virtualization Technology, can you find it?

Does your CPU support virtualization? The hardware virtualization setting in BIOS is located in Advanced mode->Advanced tab->CPU Configuration-> Intel Virtualization Technology, can you find it?

Dang! Overlooked this in both the manual and the interface. There was a SCROLL BAR that I ignored. Interestingly, after XP mode was reinstalled, with virtualization still disabled in the BIOS, it worked.

Later, when virtualization was ENabled, XP mode didn't work until it was again reinstalled. This hints that install of that feature overrides whatever the BIOS indicates. Who'd a thunk? Thanks Alberto.

Last edited:
Back