Windows 7 EPSON Easy Photo Print wont re install

VsUK

I recently uninstalled Easy photo print from Epson as I had planned to buy a HP but ended up getting a newer Epson Printer. Anyway, I ran the install CD software & when it comes to installing the Epson easy photo print, it comes up saying cannot install, newer version of the software already exists. I have searched all over my system but I cannot find anything related to Easy photo print.

I Use TuneUp Utilities & CCleaner & ran scan after scan but nothing seems to work. The software does not show up under programs & features in control panel. I'm experienced when it comes to software & hardware matters but this one has got me stumped because i cannot find any traces of easy photo print software & yet the install says a newer version already exists.

Can anyone help?

uninstalled via the control panel & restarted the system.

Edit..

Just done a system restore to a point before I uninstalled & it loads up perfectly fine. But I need to uninstall & install the up to date version but now when I try to uninstall i get this error.

Error Code: -5005 : 0x80070002
Error Information:
>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (811)
PAPP:Epson Easy Photo Print
PVENDOR:SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION
PGUID:30E01116-5666-4807-8EF1-D80E9FF16717
$16.0.0.400
@Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version: 9.10.9200.16635

Last edited:
I tried that & it just opens & instantly closes itself. I got hold of a Uninstaller & it managed to uninstall Epson Easy photo print & when i rebooted all traces of it on my system have gone, even from the control panel. however when i try to install the latest version, it says that a newer version is already installed, setup will not cancel.

Everything else is working for the printer & this is something not vital for the functionality of the printer, it was an optional extra from the software CD so why is this being so difficult.

giving me a headache...

There may be some malware/spyware that has removed or corrupted part of the registry string for that particular software. Try running Ccleaner, to remove junk files and then run the registry cleaner it has built in.

did that & mailwarebytes a dozen times.

Edit.

I've installed it on my other win 7 os & i think i can take info from the registry & merge it with mine related to the software & get a hold of the installshield install log file which should help i hope..

Last edited:
Back