Windows 7 Erratic Random Mouse Behavior

rray6

Hello,
This has been discussed before I'm sure (here and other forums) but I have continually been having trouble with the cursor jumping around erratically while typing (usually in a document or email - I use Office & Outlook 2007). While I noticed this problem with Vista, it seems to be more pronounced with Win7-32 bit (I did a full clean install several months ago). I have no other problems or complaints with Win7 and I'm not even sure this issue is related to Win7. I have the problem with 2 different laptops (one Dell and one HP) and I have done everything to minimize touch pad issues. I was wondering if anyone has found a lasting solution.

rray6

First thought would be the driver for the touchpad. Is there one available on the manufacturer's website for Win 7.

Windows likes to update hardware drivers if you let it, so maybe you are running one of those.

If that doesn't help, is there anything in the mouse/touchpad in Control Panel you could adjust? Maybe sensitivity in case you are accidently hitting it during typing.

Thanks for the response. I have tried most everything from contacting Dell & HP to updating drivers to adjusting everything I possibly can regarding mouse & touch pad. This is a fairly common problem which seems to be confined mostly to laptops of all makes and types. It also seems to be related to MS Office, especially the later versions. I think Microsoft is aware and working on it but so far, I have not seen or heard of a good solution. I like to check forums like this from time to time in case someone stumbles on the answer.

rray6

Back